Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Customised Theme to integrate with Website none WordPress

• ColinBradbury

@colinbradbury

Hi I have customised the default theme as to make it match the rest of my site but I am having a major problem getting this page to look right http://www.supporttheanimals.co.uk/bbpress/topic.php?id=3 as you can see all the posts are towards the bottom of the page, could anyone tell me which section of the CSS of files I need to edit to fix this.

Also as a not so important but just an annoyance thing, if you navigate to another part of my site you will notice that the BBPress theme doesn’t quite match the rest of my site, mainly I think due to an error on my part with setting up the margins and padding but I can’t for the life of me find that solution either so if anyone can spend a moment or two to maybe let me know what I have done there too please?

If you need any of my code please don’t hesitate to ask you can contact me here or via email colin @ supporttheanimals.co.uk (without the spaces).

Kind Regards

Colin

Founder of Support The Animals

http://www.supporttheanimals.co.uk

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

With layout issues like that, it’s nearly always a div issue (div size, float, unclosed, extra, something.) So, you should validate first:

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.supporttheanimals.co.uk/bbpress/topic.php?id=3

Can’t validate because of an invalid character on line 8. I tried to view the source of the page to see what the character might be, but when I right click on the page, I get this:

http://www.chrishajer.com/bbpress/copyright.png

ColinBradbury

@colinbradbury

Thank you Chrishajer, yes I have anti right click java script as I have had problems with people taking images from my site with out gaining the owners permisission, whether that be mine or someone who has generously donated the images.

You can usually access the page source through the view menu bar or some other way in your browser however I have checked this and it is a copyright symbol I missed when tidying the site up.

I will fix this and then try the validator

Thanks for your help

ColinBradbury

@colinbradbury

I have managed to run the validator and sorted out some of the problems but its left others that part of the bbpress code.

Unfortunatly this hasn’t fixed my sites problem :( any other ides?

ColinBradbury

@colinbradbury

<?php bb_get_header(); ?></p>
    <p><div class="bbcrumb"><a>"><?php bb_option('name'); ?></a><?php bb_forum_bread_crumb(); ?></div>
    <div class="infobox" role="main"></p>
    <p><div id="topic-info">
    <span id="topic_labels"><?php bb_topic_labels(); ?></span>
    <h2<?php topic_class( 'topictitle' ); ?>><?php topic_title(); ?></h2>
    <span id="topic_posts">(<?php topic_posts_link(); ?>)</span>
    <span id="topic_voices">(<?php printf( _n( '%s voice', '%s voices', bb_get_topic_voices() ), bb_get_topic_voices() ); ?>)</span></p>
    <p><ul class="topicmeta"></p>

<li><?php printf(__('Started %1$s ago by %2$s'), get_topic_start_time(), get_topic_author()) ?></li>
    <p><?php if ( 1 < get_topic_posts() ) : ?></p>

<li><?php printf(__('<a href="%1$s">Latest reply</a> from %2$s'), esc_attr( get_topic_last_post_link() ), get_topic_last_poster()) ?></li>
    <p><?php endif; ?>
    <?php if ( bb_is_user_logged_in() ) : ?>
    <li<?php echo $class;?> id="favorite-toggle"><?php user_favorites_link(); ?>
    <?php endif; do_action('topicmeta'); ?></p>
    <p></div></p>
    <p><?php topic_tags(); ?></p>
    <p><?php do_action('under_title'); ?>
    <?php if ($posts) : ?>
    <?php topic_pages( array( 'before' => '<div class="nav">', 'after' => '</div>' ) ); ?></p>
    <p><ol id="thread" class="list:post"></p>
    <p><?php foreach ($posts as $bb_post) : $del_class = post_del_class(); ?>
    <li id="post-<?php post_id(); ?>"<?php alt_class('post', $del_class); ?>>
    <?php bb_post_template(); ?></p>
    <p><?php endforeach; ?></p>
    <p><div class="clearit"><br style=" clear: both;" /></div>
    <p class="rss-link"><a>" class="rss-link"><?php _e('<abbr title="Really Simple Syndication">RSS</abbr> feed for this topic') ?></a></p>
    <?php topic_pages( array( 'before' => '<div class="nav">', 'after' => '</div>' ) ); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php if ( topic_is_open( $bb_post->topic_id ) ) : ?>
    <?php post_form(); ?>
    <?php else : ?>
    <h2><?php _e('Topic Closed') ?></h2>
    <p><?php _e('This topic has been closed to new replies.') ?></p>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php if ( bb_current_user_can( 'delete_topic', get_topic_id() ) || bb_current_user_can( 'close_topic', get_topic_id() ) || bb_current_user_can( 'stick_topic', get_topic_id() ) || bb_current_user_can( 'move_topic', get_topic_id() ) ) : ?></p>
    <p><div class="admin">
    <?php bb_topic_admin(); ?>
    </div></p>
    <p><?php endif; ?>
    <?php bb_get_footer(); ?>

I think my problem is somewhere in here… if that helps…

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

No the error is more likely to be in your CSS.

I tried adding

position: absolute;
    width: 75%;

to your mainContent. This seems to on the right track, at least in Firefox.

Your disabling of right click doesn’t work in Firefox. If it had then I wouldn’t have been able to help.

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

You can always view page source via View > Page Source (in FF) or a similar menu in any broswer toolbar.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

I browse the net with javascript disabled, and JS is disabeld as standard on every PC at my current client (4th biggest uni in UK). All it does is slow people down who want to help :)

ColinBradbury

@colinbradbury

thanks everyone for your help, I have managed to sort the forum out all except the footer, I can’t seem to be able to get it to be at the bottom of the page like on the other pages of my site. (Its relative to the whole forum, not just the page liked above).

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar