Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Custom Theme

• Hello,

I’m starting to modify the Kakumei theme and I’m kind of stuck; I’ve made a new folder in ‘my-templates’ and I copied over the style.css from the Kakumei theme. I plan to use it as a starting point for something more personal.

But there are is zero CSS being applied now: http://btko.webfactional.com/sq36/forums/

From reading the Docs I understood it that by just having the style.css bbPress should find all of the other files it needs from the default theme, but it doesn’t seem to be finding anything.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Morning,

If you try and load your stylesheet directly into a browser you get this error:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN”>

<html><head>

<title>403 Forbidden</title>

</head><body>

<h1>Forbidden</h1>

<p>You don’t have permission to access /sq36/forums/my-templates/s36/style.css

on this server.</p>

</body></html>

</blcokquote>

Looks like you have some permission issues

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Don’t worry, that bug’s in backPress not in bbPress – and ChrisHajer and Gautam have submitted a patch.

In the mean time, load http://btko.webfactional.com/sq36/forums/my-templates/s36/style.css in a browser to see what i mean

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

Please chmod your my-templates folder (and also sub-folders and files) to 755. That would fix the problem.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Glad it helped mate.

If building your own theme, I’d advice making a wordpress theme first.

The technique is the same and once you’re in the right mindset, you’d be amazed hoe easy theming bbPress is. But you will/might hit a few roadblocks if you try and pull data in a differnet way. Don’t be peturbed, just come back and ask :)

Thanks again. I’m building the wordpress one at the same time-ish. It is slow going mostly because of the PHP that I’m not completely familiar with, but it’s getting there.

Cheers

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar