Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Creating nested forum loops in bbPress

• Philip John
    Participant

@philipjohn

I’m creating a customised forums front page for bbPress, by listing forums in a different way to the bbPress default.

Essentially what I’m trying to do is replace the use of bbp_list_forums() with a second, nested bbPress loop so that I have greater control over how the sub-forums are displayed.

I know I can use the ‘before’ and ‘after’ parameters of bbp_list_forums() but that doesn’t give me as much control as I need.

The only question I found that came close was this one which doesn’t actually provide a definitive answer.

Code won’t paste nicely here so it’s over here: http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/64681/creating-nested-forum-loops-in-bbpress

See the bbp_list_forums() reference – in place of that I want another “while (bbp_forums())…” loop but how do I do that without interfering with the main loop?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 11 years, 6 months ago by Philip John. Reason: dodgy formatting fix
    • This topic was modified 11 years, 6 months ago by Philip John. Reason: try again
    • This topic was modified 11 years, 6 months ago by Philip John. Reason: *sigh* linking to code instead
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Gomle
    Participant

@gomle

I know this is old. And you may never receive this message. But just in case…

I read your post over at stack, and I saw it was closed for a stupid reason back then.
    The thing is – I am trying to do exactly what you are talking about.

Everything looks almost good with the code you pasted on stackexchange, but of course the forum which contains subforums doesn’t work as it should..

If you got this to work, and you still have the code. Can I please ask if you can post it here?
    I believe the only thing I need is the code for loop-forums.php.

Thanks.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar