Search
Bottom

Cookie sharing – bbPress 1.0.1 & WPMU 2.7.1

• Its just not working! Please help.

define( 'BB_AUTH_SALT', '' );
    define( 'BB_LOGGED_IN_SALT', '' );
    define( 'BB_SECURE_AUTH_SALT', '' );
    define('BB_NONCE_KEY', '');

matches it wp-config equivalent (with values obviously).

Used the bbPress Integration plugin to get new values for the wp-config file and entered them

/*** bbPress integration ***/
    define( 'COOKIEHASH', '998c6cb0a1fda1b22e40b1a75220d390' );
    define( 'COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.www.MYSITE.com' );
    define( 'SITECOOKIEPATH', '/' );
    define( 'COOKIEPATH', '/' );
    define( 'WP_AUTH_COOKIE_VERSION', 1 );

I have checked through all the settings in bbPress WordPress Integration settings (in bbPress) and they all look correct.

XML-RPC is enabled.

I have seen that oterh people seem to be able to get this working. I have followed a few of these guides, but still can’t get it to work.

Would be great if you have any ideas! Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • What part isn’t working? Just not at all, you can’t log in with the same ID on both, or is it the logging in on one logs you out on the other? There are a few similarish errors, but they’re debugged differently.

As always, re-copy/paste the KEYs and SALTs from WPMU to BB, flush your cache and cookies, and try again. Even if you’re sure they’re right, it doesn’t hurt :)

Also:define( 'WP_AUTH_COOKIE_VERSION', 1 ); should be in your bb-config, not wp-config.

I put define( 'WP_AUTH_COOKIE_VERSION', 1 ); in bb-config, but I still have the same problem.

I can log into WPMU, BuddyPress and bbPress all with the same credentials. Logging into any of them doesn’t log me out of any of the others.

When I log into WPMU or BuddyPress, I am logged into both of them but not bbPress. IF I am logged out of all three, when I log into bbPress I am only logged into bbPress. I can log into bbPress and WPMU seperately and I remain logged into both.

If I am logged into both WPMU and bbPress, I can log out of one but remain logged into the other.

I am presuming I should just be able to log into any of the three and be logged into ALL three?

Thanks for your help above (I’ve cleared the cache and checked my settings again and again :-(

Any more ideas?

BuddyPress is WPMU so it’s not an ‘all three’ but a ‘both’ (there’s no extra code to log in to buddyPress vs logging into WPMU).

It sounds like the cookies being set for bbPress are ‘wrong’. Double check the Auths and salts, even going so far as to RE paste them into the bb-config. If the SALT doesn’t match, the cookies will be wrong. And do make sure that you log out, flush all your cookies (go in and delete them) and dump your cache. FireFox hangs onto logins in weird ways sometimes, and IE is worse.

You may also want to check the BuddyPress post on the issue.

Copy these from wp-config:

define('AUTH_KEY',        'blahblah');
    define('SECURE_AUTH_KEY', 'blahblah');
    define('LOGGED_IN_KEY', 'blahblah');
    define('NONCE_KEY', 'blahblah');
    define('AUTH_SALT', 'bliddyblah');
    define('LOGGED_IN_SALT', 'bliddyblah');

Put them in bb-config.php with BB_ in front:

define('BB_AUTH_KEY',        'blahblah');
    define('BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY', 'blahblah');
    define('BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY', 'blahblah');
    define('BB_NONCE_KEY', 'blahblah');
    define('BB_AUTH_SALT', 'bliddyblah');
    define('BB_LOGGED_IN_SALT', 'bliddyblah');

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar