Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cookie Question – WP, BB, and beyond

• themesbycal

@themesbycal

Hello

I’m testing out some things and trying to synchronize WordPress, BBPress and Amember Subscription software. I have pretty much everything worked out, but need a little cookie help if it’s out there.

I’ve read this post, which outlines cookie settings

http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/wordpressbbpress-single-sign-on?replies=22#post-9010

The problem is that I don’t want to install the cookie plugin for WP because I already have this in my Wp-config file

define(‘COOKIEPATH’,’/’);

define(‘SITECOOKIEPATH’, ‘/’);

define(‘COOKIEHASH’, md5($_SERVER[HTTP_HOST]));

I guess my question is, what do I put into my BB config file for cookies?

I realize this may not be a direct BBPress issue, but I thought maybe one of you had an idea.

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Did you ever get this working? I plan to try soon.

Amember has a WordPress plugin but I’d like to know if it cascades successfully through a WordPress/BBPress integration.

themesbycal

@themesbycal

Yeah, it worked out fine.

If I remember correctly, I just integrated WP and BB first (minus the cookie settings). Then I installed Amember and installed the WP plugin. All 3 were installed in the same database. For BB cookies I think I just set them the same as _cK_ said in a different post here. For WP cookies, I believe that is in the Amember Plugin Readme file.

It wasn’t too tough. If you need to know anything else let me know and I can take a look. I’ve decided to go with PHPBB instead of BBpress but I still have it all installed at the moment. There’s nothing wrong with BBpress just want more group and permission control.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

@schmitt

I’ve also pulled this off. It’s fantastic.

horrorshow

@horrorshow

themebyc,

Just curious, have you been able to get single sign-on between phpbb and wordpress?

thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar