Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Changing color of wrapper.

• When I use the code below to change the color of the wrapper on the stock theme, the wrapper itself disappears. How do I fix that? Below is the code for the wrapper used in the CSS. I am just uploading a new file with the color I want and call it “page_header_tile1.png” and it takes off the old one without adding the new one.

#wrapper {
    background: #fff url('images/page_header_tile.png') repeat-x 0px -15px;
    }

Thank you.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

http://invictatrader.com/bbpress/my-templates/kakumeicopy/images/page_header_tile1.png

That file is not there. Where did you put the tile1.png file?

Sorry about that. I changed it to http://www.invictatrader.com/bbpress/my-templates/kakumeicopy/images/color.png thinking it was conflicting with the existing wrapper name even though I added the “1” to the new name. When I add that to the CSS it does not work and even removes the old wrapper across the top and bottom.

Thanks.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Do you still need help with this? I see you’ve been working on the site.

What do you want to happen with that little green image? What should the forum look like when it’s working the way you want?

Yes please. What I am trying to get to is to get 2 similar bars about an inch or so in height across the page for the header and footer in same or different colors. Similar to the gray you see in the header and footer presently. Want to change that to green or something and have all text in it white.

Thank you very much.

Or would you recommend not using the wrapper and create a new nav bar at the top and bottom and put all the contents from the current theme in them? Not sure which way might be easier.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If you just want solid green, don’t use an image. bbPress uses an image tiled across because there is a gradient in it. If you just want solid color, just set the background-color of the div to whatever you want it to me, and remove the reference to the background image url.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The problem with that layout is that the header and footer and only 960px wide, so making the background color different will just go wide enough to fill the header and footer div, but will not go outside it to the #wrapper. If you want something all the way across the browser window, you will need to create a couple new divs, full width, and put the header and footer inside one of those each. Then, give that new div a background color.

Also, in wanting the nav bar to go across the page will setting “width” to auto do the trick? If not, can you please guide me on creating the divs to span across the page in the header and footer?

Thanks.

Thanks Chris. I think I might have resolved the issue with the wrapper. The png image height was the issue. Making it taller helped wrap it around. Click here http://www.invictatrader.com to see what I did. Just have to figure out the coloring of the text within so I can change it to a darker shade if needed.

Thank you.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Yep, I see it now. I will mark this resolved.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar