Categories
Search
Bottom

Change "answer to" label on feed

• rghedin
    Participant

@rghedin

Hi guys,

I’m running bbPress 2.1 (plugin) and put on my blog’s sidebar an RSS parser from forum. Problem is: when it gets an answer, the label starts with “Anwser to: Topic title” — in my case, since my site is Portuguese written, “Responder a: Topic title”.

I want to change this “Responder a:” for something shorter, like “Re:”. Do you guys have any idea where I change this behavior?

[]’s!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

You’ll want to customize the translation itself. It’s not a straight forward process, and you’ll need a Po/Mo editor, like PoEdit, to do it.

rghedin
    Participant

@rghedin

I was afraid of that :-)

Isn’t there a place/file where I could replace the string “translatable” direct on the code?

Even if I need to do this every time plugin updates itself, I guess it’s easier than install and generate a new translating file…

[]’s!

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

So, the functions that actually output the feeds are hooked in. Rather than hack the core, you could write a small plugin that unhooks the core feed, and hooks your custom code instead. The feed functions are at the bottom of the bbp-includes/bbp-*-functions.php files. Copy and paste those into your plugin, change the text as needed, and do the above, and you’re set.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar