Can't simultaneously be logged in on both WP and forum
First of all, thank you for the great forum.
I’ve used the other forums but I think bbPress is the best way to integrate with WP.
The integration worked fine. I can use my WP account to login and post on the forum.
But I can’t login on both WP and forum simultaneously.
If I logged into the WP, then visit the forum, WP automatically signs me out. Same thing happens vice versa.
Is there a way to be logged in on both WP and forum simultaneously?
Thank you for your help.
NOTE: I’ve just noticed that I can switch fine between WP admin page and the forum. But somehow I cannot post on WP for comments unless if I log in, but then forum automatically signs me out as soon as I log in with WP comment area.
I fixed it.
It wasn’t simple, and honestly, I really hope that the integration with WP was a basic feature, not an option. Otherwise, it’s the best forum for WP-enabled website so far, and I’m so glad that I installed it.
The following steps are what I did, and might have unnecessary steps, but whatever made it work, made it work. I’ll also assume that you have followed the integration steps that involves matching keys of config files. I would also assume that you have used the correct keymakers for the bbPress version.
bbPress 0.9: https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.0/
bbPress 1.0: https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/
1. Install the “bbPress Integration” plugin for WP. Set up everything accordingly until you see the “Manual Cookie Settings”. It told me to add “define( ‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’ );” on wp-config.php, but it didn’t work. I had to remove / for the path because I read it somewhere that if you add /, it’ll add an extra /, making it // for the cookie path with is invalid. So I added “define( ‘COOKIEPATH’, ” );” instead, above the “AUTH_KEY” section in wp-config.php.
2. I’ve added the following lines above the ?> part in the end of the bb-config.php :
$bb->bb_xmlrpc_allow_user_switching = true;
$bb->cookiepath = ”;
$bb->sitecookiepath = ”;
This tip can be found in other tutorials, but notice that again, I took out / for the path.
3. In WP Settings -> Writing, I’ve enabled XML-RPC.
4. In bbPress Settings -> Writing, I’ve enable XML-RPC.
5. I’ve cleared the cookies of the browsers (IE and FF).
Everything should work as it is. At least it did for me.
Now I can simultaneously be logged in for WP and bbPress without any problems.
I really hope that one day, either from bbPress settings or a one simple plugin would resolve the problems that some of us had.
Thank you so much for sharing these details! I’ve been searching all over the forums, and this is the only set of instructions I found that actually worked. Step 1 wasn’t enough for me, and I had already done Step 3. My site finally worked after completing Step 2, so I think that was the key to making it all work.
Again, thanks for sharing! You made my afternoon of coding so much easier.
Thanks very much, it actually fixed a bug that didn’t let me access the bbPress dashboard (redirected to forum index), even if I appeared logged-in in both WP and BB, and could access WP dashboard also.
Now instead with a single login can access all WP, bbPress index, WP dashboard and bbPress dashboard.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.