Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can’t see posts if not logged in

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What plugins are you using? Are you using any that would restrict access to certain forums? Like the hidden forums or private forums plugins?

You didn’t make all your forums categories in the admin, did you?

Also, this error is shown when accessing the forum:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM bb_privatemessages WHERE seen = 0 AND id_receiver =

Clicknathan
    Participant

@clicknathan

The error was from a Private Messaging plugin (note: not a private forums plugin).

I have the default Akismet & Bozo plugins installed, and also the “Use Display Name” (which just changes your username to your nicename) and BBPrivate Messaging Plugin (as mentioned above) plugins installed. Removing them does not allow me to see the forums content either.

I just noticed that actually only admins can see the forum content.

You asked:

You didn’t make all your forums categories in the admin, did you?

I’m not sure what you mean, I’m new to BBPress. I converted an old WordPress XDForum plugin to BBPress, so perhaps something happened with permissions there, but even so, any direction as to how to open these up to everyone would be great!

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Sorry, that category setting is not present in 0.9.0.2. My mistake. I missed the version in your first post.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What did you do to convert the XDForum plugin to bbPress? Did you import content, or export content from XDForum?

Clicknathan
    Participant

@clicknathan

My fault, the problem is that I’m a big dumb idiot. :)

I had an if statement that wasn’t being closed at the right spot. Thanks for your help chris!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar