Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can’t login to my site

• Ganzuelo
    Participant

@ganzuelo

I am running the alpha and I was in the middle of the intergration and I got this error. Now I cannot log into my site. it wants me to register.,.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2) in /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/57391/domains/willclan4food.net/html/bbpress/bb-includes/backpress/class.bpdb.php on line 123

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Do you always get that database connection error when accessing the forum, or was that only during the installation?

Ganzuelo
    Participant

@ganzuelo

I got alpha to work,. I then installed both bbpress plugins for wordpress. I went back to change user options in the bbpress admin panel and error messages came up.. goto http://willclan4food.net for details.. The error codes are popping up there

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

How about undoing what you did and see if it works again? Sounds like whatever you did broke it somehow.

What are “both” bbPress plugins for WordPress?

Ganzuelo
    Participant

@ganzuelo

bbpress live and bbpress intergration. I deactivated everything.. I think I might just delete the config file and start over again ughh..

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2) in /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/57391/domains/willclan4food.net/html/bbpress/bb-includes/backpress/class.bpdb.php on line 123

I just got this same error on installation of Alpha 4 with WordPress 2.7 integration. I caused it by being logged out of WordPress when I clicked the link to my wp-admin/options.php that was displayed by bbPress (the one where bbPress tells you to look for the salts in the WP admin area.) In Sam’s screencast, he was logged in, so clicking the link just brought up the options page straight away.

Anyway, I was logged out of WordPress at that step, and when I clicked the link, I got the WordPress admin login, with a redirect URL that looked like this:

http://example.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fexample.com%2Fforums%2Fbb-admin%2Finstall.php%3Fstep%3D2

So, when I logged in, instead of redirecting me upon login to http://example.com/wp-admin/options.php, it redirected me to step 2 in the bbPress install. After that, I got the same exact error as you did. In fact, there were a couple more too.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/example/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.bpdb.php on line 123

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/example/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.bpdb.php on line 377

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/example/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.bpdb.php:123) in /home/example/forums/bb-includes/functions.bb-core.php on line 842

I ended up reinstalling since I was not confident in the installation at that point and didn’t want to take any chances at something not being set properly.

Ganzuelo
    Participant

@ganzuelo

Tried to reinstall, deleted config first, no luck., deleted entire bbpress install., no luck.. I will try and fix tomorrow. =(

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Did you delete the database tables as well?

Ganzuelo
    Participant

@ganzuelo

@Chris You are my hero! I went in and deleted the bb tables and BAM all that work I did yesterday was worthless because they were still there.!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar