Can't get bbPress to work with custom WordPress theme
I am pulling my hair out on this. I have tried getting bbPress to work with a WordPress site using a custom theme and evidently I’m missing something because it just isn’t happening. Here’s what I’ve done based on what I could find for instructions so far:
- I installed and activated the plugin through the wordpress admin.
- I created a test forum and a test topic through the wordpress admin.
- I created a child theme folder, named the same as the primary theme appended with ‘-child’.
- I copied the contents of the wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-twentyten into the child theme folder.
- I updated the style.css file ‘Template:’ line to refer to the parent theme.
- I added ‘add_theme_support( ‘bbpress’ );’ to the main theme’s functions.php.
When I go to the forum via http://www.carolina-business.org/forums/, I get a page that spits out a section titled with the most recent post title and a huge amount of blank space with the forum list at the bottom of the section. This is followed by a section for every other post on the site, each of these containing the forum list.
When I go to the forum via http://www.carolina-business.org/forums/forum/test-forum-1, I get another page that shows all of the posts in the site. I get the same result via http://www.carolina-business.org/forums/topic/test-topic-1/.
What I’m trying to achieve is for the forum to appear in the content area of the site, within one of the content frames (the white box with the green header and gray border.)
Can anyone tell me what I am doing incorrectly/not doing? Thanks!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.