Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can’t access my bb-admin after wp-integration/theme integration

• So I got my bbpress theme looking great. The only problem is that I can’t login to my BB Admin. I am using the latest unstable version with wp 2.6.5. I used the require_once (wp_blog_header.php) trick then added get_header/get_footer to the necessary files in my bbpress theme.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What happens when you attempt to log in to your site with the keymaster account?

I used my keymaster. I think it logged in. When I go to http://kauaihypnosis.site90.com/bbpress/bb-login.php and use my user name and the correct password, it doesn’t let me log in. Not sure what the heck is going on. Mind you I’m using the unstable version.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

What breaks it is the inclusion of the wordpress functions in the bb-config.php file. If you delete that code and visit the admin, it will work just fine.

Then how the hell can I get this to work. I want to have my wp header/footer. Can I just use a lower version of wp? Like 2.5?

I don’t think any bbpress installation are compatiable with WP 2.6.5 e.g the installs are:

WP 2.5/1—- bbPress 0.9.2

WP 2.6.3 — Unstable bbPress Alpha 1.0

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

As of right now there isn’t a turn key solution. Im doing my best to see where the inclusion is going wrong but haven’t had much time the past few days.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

2.6.5 just replaced a couple files, none related to cookies, so I would guess that 2.6.5 is still compatible with Alpha. The issue with integration was related to the cookie change WordPress made with 2.5 and again in 2.6.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar