Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

cannot login to admin

• lowgiweightloss

@lowgiweightloss

Hi

I have seen similar forum items but none that completely answer my questions.

I know my username to login to my forum ‘HappyBod’ but not my password (I dont remember setting one???)

I cannot reset password because it says “The email containing the password reset link could not be sent.”.

I installed the smpt plugin but do not know what settings to put in the file!

Basically all I want to do is login to my forum admin. Is there anyway to reset my password other than through the password recovery?

Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • if you have FTP access you can rename the smpt plugin folder to deactivate it and then try the lost password link again.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

You can open phpmyadmin and manually alterate the database table changing “user_pass” to a well-know value.

lowgiweightloss

@lowgiweightloss

@gerikg “if you have FTP access you can rename the smpt plugin folder to deactivate it and then try the lost password link again. “

this did not work

@zaerl You can open phpmyadmin and manually alterate the database table changing “user_pass” to a well-know value.

I did this, changing user_pass to “password” (nce and simple) and it still does not like my password. I changed the user_login and that worked, it accepted the new login, but for some reason it doesn’t like new password (or old one).

In phpMyAdmin, don’t just enter the value of user_pass as it is. Select md5 as function. bbPress will change the password phrase by using phpass when you login.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6429/201005011126.png

lowgiweightloss

@lowgiweightloss

Oh Thank you so much ashfame, it worked!!!

Cheers!

kathryn

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar