Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can forum members be restricted from posting new threads?

• I’ve installed bbpress along with my WordPress site and so far everything is working great! Currently when you go to the forum, you can register, sign in, and start a brand new thread as a member. Is it possible to restrict members from starting new threads? I’m fine with a member having the ability to respond and comment on an already existing thread, but I would like the admin to have sole rights for posting new threads. Is this possible? If so, how would I do that? From what I’ve seen, there doesn’t seem to be much the administrator can do to restrict or modify user permissions.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

You’ve hit the nail on the head Aaronski, any form of moderation on bbPress is poor.

The simplist way to do this, is to remove the “Add New” link from your theme (simply add HTML comments around it), or you could hide the “Add New” link via CSS (which should be quicker):

a.new-topic

{

display:none;

}

The realism is, if your forum needs actual configuarable moderation, this might not be the software for you. Hope it is though, Kev

This worked great for me in 0.9:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/read-only-forums/

It may not work in 1.0 though…

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar