Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bozo

• peiqinglong

@peiqinglong

Can’t figure this out, anyone who is a Key Master, Administrator, or Mod are automatically put bozo: 1, which puts any post by those groups in the bozo category. No matter what I change it to: 0, no, “nothing in the box”, it reverts to 1. Anyone else having this same problem?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• tgpuckett

@tgpuckett

I am, supposedly a fix is in the works: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/643?replies=46

fel64

@fel64

You have tried the plugin that’s meant to fix this? It worked for me. https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/822?replies=10

You could also try upgrading to the most current version off SVN, but you have to be prepared to get your hands dirty and face other bugs to do that. Get something like Tortoise SVN and go to the downloads page here.

tgpuckett

@tgpuckett

fel: I wasn’t aware of that, I’ll try it and report back. Crossing fingers :)

tgpuckett

@tgpuckett

Nope, it didn’t work :-(. I’m still a bozo and the field besize User is a Bozo: is still a field, however it says “0” instead of “1” now.

tgpuckett

@tgpuckett

Actually, strike that. It does work, I’m no longer a bozo, but for some reason it is still a field rather than a checkbox.

Trent Adams

@trent

That is coming in 1.0 for sure. That was just a ‘quick and dirty’ fix to get it working.

Trent

tgpuckett

@tgpuckett

Trent: Any idea when 1.0 will be coming down the pike?

fel64

@fel64

Later this month is plausible but just plain speculation. If you’re desperate for some updating you can get the bleeding-edge version off SVN, but it might be buggy and you’ll need an SVN client too.

Trent Adams

@trent

You don’t need an SVN client to get the latest TRAC version. If you don’t mind downloading the entire package, you can just download the entire thing as a zip and then upload it to your server. That is the way I do it right now. I just know which files are changed and upload them.

Trent

drmike

@drmike

*chuckle* Just noticed this myself on my own install and was wondering about it. Got hit by a spammer this morning.

My question is this though. Shouldn’t the “1” result mean the person is bozo’ed? And, since this is a shared install with a WPMu install, would changing this affect the account over there?

Thanks,

-drmike

Trent Adams

@trent

If they are marked as a bozo in bbpress it is a 1 for sure. It will not affect the WPMU at all because it doesn’t look for the bozo info at all in the meta table. Should be fine!

Trent

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar