Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Botched Upgrade, can’t find .htacess

• I just upgraded BBPress to 0.8.2.1. Upgrade instructions say to keep the .htacess file. I looked in every folder of my BBPress install, but couldn’t find i, although I found config.php. Upgraded anyway, and it looked like it worked, but posts are not available. Error reads:

Not Found

The requested URL /bbpress/topic/13 was not found on this server.

Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) PHP/5.2.1 DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.0.59 OpenSSL/0.9.7l Server at localhost Port 8888

I am just fooling around running BBPress on MAMP locally, trying to learn a little bit about it, but I feel like an idiot since I can’t even find .htacess. How can I fix my installation?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Sounds like permalinks are creating a problem. Turn them off in your config.php and see if you can view posts.

Make this line in your config.php look like this:

$bb->mod_rewrite = false;

(maybe it says true or slugs now)

I don’t believe an .htaccess files comes with a default install. You would need to create one, so there won’t be one anywhere unless you created it, and it goes in the root folder of your forum. You can take care of that later, once you can at least see your posts.

Thanks! That was the problem. I am happy to learn that .htaccess really wasn’t there, and it wasn’t my eyes playing tricks. I probably shouldn’t be playing around with BBPress until it reaches version 1, since I know zilch about php, but I just love the clean look & simple functionality.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar