Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Blank screen after installing bbPress

• I am trying to integrate bbPress with WordPress. I installed it on my local test environment first, in order to work out any kinks. bbPress is in the same database as WordPress. The installation went fine, it seemed, and I ended up with a basic version of bbPress — left-aligned black font on a plain white background. Is this what I am supposed to see?

However, when I tried to point it to WordPress, using “require_once(‘http://localhost:8888/wordpress/wp-blog-header.php’);” in the config.php file, I only got a blank screen. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

I sort of fumble my way through all this web design stuff, so there is a good chance the answer is painfully easy, but I can’t seem to find it. Thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • majea,

You used require_once in a wrong way. If you installed WordPress in /path/to/wordpress and bbPress in /path/to/bbpress, then you should use

require_once '../wordpress/wp-blog-header.php'.

You normally use require/include for local .php.

PS. I don’t use WordPress and bbPress together.

Livibetter, thanks, but I’m still a bit confused, as that looks like what I did type. Also, I installed bbPress as a subdirectory in the WordPress folder, so it was path/to/wordpress and then path/to/wordpress/bbPress. Does this make a difference?

I see. Then that would be

require_once '../wp-blog-header.php';

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Never mind :)

livibetter, thank you for your help, but I still can’t get it to work. I think I’m going to do some reading up on php and try to understand the process a bit more, so I can figure out what is going on here.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar