Blank page after Step 1 of installation
1. Created the database;
2. Uploaded the bbPress files to the destination directory;
3. Went to my forum URL and got the appropriate install screen;
4. Proceeded to Step 1, where I entered the pertinent info (Database name, Database user, Database password);
5. Upon entering the requisite info, I hit ‘Save database configuration file’ button;
6. The next screen tells me “Your settings have been saved to the file bb-config.php You can now continue to the next step.” I click ‘Go to Step 2′;
7. Blank white screen (http://www.mywebsite.com/forum/bb-admin/install.php).
Note: I have tried starting from scratch I have installed a new database, then re-uploading the bbPress files, creating the ‘bb-config.php’ file manually from the sample version, then uploading it via FTP. When I do it this way, I get the blank white screen immediately, without getting any introductory/installation pages.
I have installed many wordpress blogs on the same server on various domains with absolutely no problem.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.