Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress Tags in 1.0 alpha

• Are tags expected to be working on the 1.0 alpha code?

I am playing around with the system, and it it appears as if tags are not being displayed. the bb_tag_heat_map() is displaying nothing, bb_get_top_tags() is returning an empty array. Individual posts don’t show tags either.

I am assuming this is related to the new taxonomy code… not sure if I did the upgrade incorrectly or what. When I logged into the admin system the first time, it did do a DB upgrade.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • digging deeper…

looks like something went wrong in the upgrade process… and tags didn’t get migrated properly into the new term_taxonomy structure.

bb_terms appears to have been filled.

bb_term_relationships has a bunch of rows.

But… bb_term_taxonomy is empty…

Ok, more of a clue here…

It looks like the insert into term_taxonomy is failing during the upgrade process.

it appears as if, bb_term_taxonomy has a ‘description’ field which is NOT NULL in the schema:

// term_taxonomy
    $bb_queries['term_taxonomy'] = "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS $bbdb->term_taxonomy (
    term_taxonomy_id bigint(20) NOT NULL auto_increment,
    term_id bigint(20) NOT NULL default 0,
    taxonomy varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
    description longtext NOT NULL,
    parent bigint(20) NOT NULL default 0,
    count bigint(20) NOT NULL default 0,
    PRIMARY KEY (term_taxonomy_id),
    UNIQUE KEY term_id_taxonomy (term_id, taxonomy)
    );";

but the upgrade code…

$bbdb->insert( $bbdb->term_taxonomy, array(
    'term_id' => $term_id,
    'taxonomy' => 'bb_topic_tag'
    ) );

does not set a description, so this insert is failing.

Not sure how this could be working for anyone else…

Am I really the only one seeing this?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If you have an issue with the alpha release, please file a ticket at trac.

https://trac.bbpress.org/newticket

You will need to log in before you can file a ticket. Be sure to choose the correct version when submitting the ticket.

Thanks Chris, I have filed a ticket on another issue I found, and I will file a ticket for this. But I’m more curious to find out if I’m really the only one seeing this issue. It seems like a pretty obvious issue, so I’m surprised no one else has noticed it… which leads me to believe that I must have done something wrong.

As a developer, I hate when people file bugs before looking for a minimal reproduce case… and so I was just trying to ask if someone else has seen this before I file a bug ticket.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar