Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress styles not working properly in Childtheme

• Hi. I installed bbPress plugin in my buddypress/wp-site and it seems to be working alright.

Using the default buddypress theme, the bbPress-plugin integrates nicely, but since I want to style both my theme and the forum differently I created a child theme from the default buddypress theme. For now It´s just a style.css and some changes to the header.

When I try to integrate the bbPress-plugin with my child-theme, the styles arent working properly.

I think I followed the guide properly. I copied every file from the bbPress-theme to my child-theme, excluding the style.css (since there already is one, and it doesnt contain anything anyway?). I also merged the functions.php files, and added “add_theme_support( ‘bbpress’ );” to the top of it. Is there any step beyond this?

Everything functions as intended, but the styles arent working. The sidebar doesnt show up at all and paddings and such thing are no where to be found.

Anyone got any ideas what I might have missed?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• CraigIW
    Participant

@craigiw

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I seem to be having the same problem. Looking at the HTML source, I do not see the wp-content/themes/mytheme/css/bbpress.css file being included at all.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar