Search
Bottom

BBPress slowness save

• TriiXx
    Participant

@triixx

Hello,

I’ve a issue with my bbpress forum.

The save for messages or topic are very very slow.

Do you have idea to optimize that ?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Did you run the “bbPress repair tools” after importing?

If not, go to the WordPress Dashboard -> Tools -> Forums and run each of the repair tools

TriiXx
    Participant

@triixx

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I’ve run the repair tools after importing and before my last post.

I have a error on my log :
    “[08-Jul-2016 14:48:02 UTC] PHP Notice: bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 2.3.) in /wp-includes/functions.php on line 3897″

I’ve seen it’s not important but i don’t have other error.

The “Notice: bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly.” will be caused by either your theme or a plugin.

Try switching theme to Twenty Fifteen to see if the error is fixed, if not deactivate all your plugins except bbPress and then reactivate each plugin one-by-one until the error appears again, then you’ll know which one is causing the problem.

bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly

TriiXx
    Participant

@triixx

You think that is bbp_setup_current_user who slowing my forum ?

TriiXx
    Participant

@triixx

Hi again,

I’ve created a developpment server and disabled all plugins (without bbpress) and change my template to use default template.

Same issue :/

Robkk

@robkk

@triixx

Disable Favorites, Subscriptions, and Threaded Replies if you have any of these set and see if that helps.

TriiXx
    Participant

@triixx

Done, same issue 🙁

Hi, just given my thoughts: Is your original forum (the first one) also running on a local machine or on shared hosting? I had a bbpress site that locally was running very slow. The moment I moved it to a provider, it was running great…

My checklist:
    Please note that WordPress requirements/recommendations are on https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Some things to check:

– Have you run all the repair tools of bbpress after import to be sure your structure is optimized ?
    – Have you deactivated any not-needed plugin ? Is your theme ready for bbPress ?
    – Did you try to run performance tools like the P3 plugin performance profiler to narrow down the possible slow parts ?
    – Did gtmetrix.com indicate something ? Or what did you see using the Pingdom Tools ?
    – Is it for all people in the world the same ? Check with Sucuri performance.

Plugins:

– Are you using any cache mechanism to improve speed where possible ?
    – Plugins like W3 Total Cache, Batcache, WP Super Cache or other ?
    – Did you check for CloudFlare or the autoptimize plugin ?

Some further reading: https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/improving-performance/

If it would come to database queries, then check these plugins:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/query-monitor/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/query-monitor-bbpress-buddypress-conditionals/

Also note that in the upcoming bbPress v2.6, a lot of focus went on possible performance issues.

Hope it helps,
    Pascal.

TriiXx
    Participant

@triixx

Hi,

I’ve never try the forum on local (just on developmment server)
    – Have you run all the repair tools of bbpress after import to be sure your structure is optimized ?
    > Yes but i’ve a other issue, my last message on my forum don’t have the good link … (the link point on a other topic but not all time)

– Have you deactivated any not-needed plugin ? Is your theme ready for bbPress ?
    > Already said, i’ve tried on developpment server : disabled all plugin and use native template : same issue

– Did you try to run performance tools like the P3 plugin performance profiler to narrow down the possible slow parts ?
    > I try

– Did gtmetrix.com indicate something ? Or what did you see using the Pingdom Tools ?
    > All my website is quickly, just bbpress send is slow

– Is it for all people in the world the same ? Check with Sucuri performance.
    > It’s a french Website but yes, in France all people have the issue.

TriiXx
    Participant

@triixx

Done P3 Plugin.

All it’s good when i don’t post a message but with a manual check and post a message on bbpress :

Theme Load Time: 7.3342seconds avg.

Query Timeline : 3444 querries

Detailed Timeline : 87 s (for theme)

I try tonight with the default template but i think it’s the same.

TriiXx
    Participant

@triixx

Same issue in developpment server with :
    – All plugin disabled (without bbpress of course)
    – Default Permalink
    – Default template

If i give you access to my developmment website, can you check ? (just need your IP)

TriiXx
    Participant

@triixx

Nobody ?

TriiXx
    Participant

@triixx

Guys ?

The bbp_setup_current_user issue is not caused by bbPress, bbPress alerts you of this issue though because it is important for bbPress. If you have disabled ALL your plugins and the error remains you MUST switch the theme to Twenty Thirteen (or Twenty Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen etc).

Once you know what plugin or theme causes the issue then you can contact the author and let them know they need to fix it and problem solved.

TriiXx
    Participant

@triixx

You realy think it’s this alert who create this delay to post a topic / answer ? (30 second)

TriiXx
    Participant

@triixx

Hi,

i’ve again the same problem.

I’ve tried :
    – Duplicate my website
    – Delete all forums and messages
    – Create a new forum and a new category
    – Post a message

And i don’t have problem …
    Do you have a idea to help me to find where is the problem?

Thanks

TriiXx
    Participant

@triixx

Hi again,

I’ve imported just forums not topics and reply.

Same issue

TriiXx
    Participant

@triixx

I just think BBPress is a bullshit and not working great if we have many category …

TriiXx
    Participant

@triixx

Ok i think the issue is … to much subcategory …

I hope BBPress will be optimized in the futur

Robkk

@robkk

I think there is a plan to turn Forums/Categories to taxonomies which I think would help with this.

Around how many forums/categories do you have so I can keep track this and possibly suggest a recommended limit for users?

TriiXx
    Participant

@triixx

I had :
    1 forum
    4 categories maximum

I have now :
    1 forum
    3 categories maximum

it’s a little better but alway 15s to send

If it’s taking 15 seconds to do add a reply or a topic you most definately have a plugin or theme manipulating post queries, most likely pre_get_posts filter is running in a plugin, maybe a theme.

Please disable ALL our plugins and test the speed again please.

If the speed remains the same, try switching to the Twenty Fourteen theme.

You’ll also notice here on bbpress.org it does not take 15 seconds

TriiXx
    Participant

@triixx

Already try … same issue.

But i try again today

TriiXx
    Participant

@triixx

Save issue.

If you want i can give you access on my developpment website / database

Can you post a link to your site please

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar