Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBpress plugin turns WordPress RSS feed into list of replies

• highexistence
    Participant

@highexistence

With the BBPress plugin, the normal WordPress RSS feed becomes a huge list of forum topics and replies.

I know that you can alter your RSS feed with a post_type parameter, but what about people who are already subscribed to the /feed RSS feed URL? Is there a way to alter the output of the main RSS feed to avoid spamming them with every reply on the site?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

If you are using bbPress 2.x, bbPress stuff does not get put in the primary RSS feed by default. If it is then I would check and see if maybe a plugin is screwing something up.

AAShepAA
    Participant

@aashepaa

Where does it get put. I would like to offer that RSS feed to my users also.

stitzelj
    Participant

@stitzelj

I’m having a similar problem. WP 3.5.1, bbPress 2.2.4, and all bbPress posts are being pushed to my site’s primary RSS feed for some reason. I’ve disabled all plugins, but the problem continues. Any thoughts or ideas as to what may be causing this?

I am not seeing that on any of my test sites… 2.2.4 and 2.3

Can you try using Twenty Eleven or Twenty Twelve theme rather than a custom theme and of course with all other plugins disabled and let me know.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar