Categories
Search
Bottom

BBpress not showing sub-forums

• c3eu5012
    Participant

@c3eu5012

Hello,

I am a first time WordPress user and have been designing my site for a recreational group and have stumbled upon a problem.

My bbPress is displaying all Categories and most forums, but for some reason after I created a topic in one of the forums under a category all the forums under that category dissapeared. Now the topic I posted is displaying to the right of the category as the most recent topic, but yet there is no forums showing under the category.

WordPress version: 3.4.2
    bbPress version: 2.1.3
    My site: http://www.c3eu.com

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I don’t see any forums on your site at: http://c3eu.com/?post_type=forum

c3eu5012
    Participant

@c3eu5012

Sorry about that, about half of the forums are public now. We are using the site to promote our group and the forums side of it is being used with the private settings so only our members can read them and use them for event planning and group conversations.

Now I have just upgraded to bbPress 2.2.1

The interesting thing is when I switched some of the forums over to public so you can see them, the forums in question showed up again.

I’m going to keep posting and playing with them, but any help you can offer would be great.
    Thanks for you time!

c3eu5012
    Participant

@c3eu5012

Ok, so I found a conflict with two of my forums having the same order number and fixed it. So I changed everything back over to private and started testing it again that way. I’m still having the same problem, everytime I make a post in one of the forums under a category, all the forums under that category dissapear.

Now everything seemed to work fine when I had all the forums and categories set to public. Could this be a problem with private settings?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Since I can’t see your forums at all, it’s impossible to be helpful. Private forums are for registered users only.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar