Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBPress doesnt show people a topics last reply? Need help fast!

• My users are complaining already! When a user has posted a new reply in a topic. I can no longer see it when clicking on it.

I have to look at the stats next to the topicname, where it says “28 posts +3 more” and click on “3 more” to see them. Why is this? Normal users can’t click on “+3 more”. Is this some sort of protection the database overloading?

I’ve made no changes to settings at all.

Have a look yourself.

Go to http://www.michaeljackson.no/forum and see the post “Når ble du Michael Jackson fan?”. It says Bettabet93 was the last to answer, but when clicking on the topic, you don’t see her answer.

It seems when this occurs in a topic, more replies will eventually allow users to see the unseen replies made before.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Sounds like the user is marked as a bozo or that the posts are marked as spam by Akismet. I would turn off the Akismet plugin first.

You can see more than normal users as keymaster.

I don’t use Akismet or Bozo plugin at all.

Some topics just won’t show the last reply, until someone else posts more replies. Why does bbpress wait with showing this? Why are the last replies not visible instantly?

I’m really pissed off right now. Is there any reason BBpress is starting to ruin everything for me all of the sudden?

Now posts I’ve deleted becomes undeleted again, and then duplicated.

And how come deleted posts aren’t really deleted? But instead just hidden?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

A decision was made to mark posts as deleted rather than delete them completely. Just a design decision. I prefer it this way; others want them gone forever.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I was able to create an account, log in and make a new topic:

http://www.michaeljackson.no/forum/topic.php?id=130

I was able to add a reply to this topic as well:

http://www.michaeljackson.no/forum/topic.php?id=6&page=8&replies=220#post-3577

Someone posted soon after me, but for about 10 seconds I was listed as the last poster.

So, it seems to be working well for me. Is it not working for everyone?

chrishajer, the strange thing is it doesn’t always happen. But sometimes the last poster won’t be seen until much much later. I’ve crosschecked this with several users. I don’t know what the criteria is for this bug to occur.

In the thread “Post bilde av deg selv” – today I had to redelete all deleted posts, which was about 20 posts. These were duplicates of the previously deleted posts. Why did this only happen in one topic?

I’ve deleted alot of spambots lately, but they’ve done no harm at all, other than registering.

I’ve also installed the plugin Mass Delete Users, but these bugs doesn’t seem to have anything to do with that, and they did not start to occur imediatly after installing the plugin either.

It’s gonna be hard to tell you the next time this bug happens, maybe I can add you to msn and notifiy you the next time? As you see in my original post in this thread, thats the topic it happened to last time.

I remember that i have this problem too on my bbPress 1.0.2 but no always.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What if an incompatible plugin is creating problems for you? The problems you’re having are not normal. I noticed that the mass delete users plugin is good up to 0.9 only, but you posted there that it works with 1.0.2.

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/mass-delete-users/

How about preventing the spambot registrations with the Human Test plugin instead, and not trying to mass moderate users? Maybe it’s deleting some references to the users, but not all? Or there are stranded posts or something, and that throws off the numbering or something?

hpguru, what plugins are you using?

Marius-, what other plugins are you using?

It doesn’t happen by default in an installation with very few plugins running, so it might be a problem with a plugin, or could be a problem with the server. Software sometimes acts weird when a partition or MySQL runs out of space or memory.

chrishajer, I use the following plugins:

Allow Images

BBcode Buttons Toolbar

BBcode Lite

BBvideo

Mass Delete Users

Social It

These are vital for me though, I got many users depending on these as core functions already. This problem did interestingly enough, occur after I had installed Mass Delete Users. Not imediatly though.

Deleting users works, but maybe it does something else that I can not see – that fucks up something else?

Do human test work for 1.02?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I would stop using the Mass Delete Users plugin. I suspect it’s doing something that’s incompatible with 1.0 and something is going on with the users it deletes and the ones that are left behind. I would stop using that then do a recount in the admin. I’m not sure if recounting fixing user-related things that might have gotten borked.

I don’t think Allow Images, either BBcode plugin, BBvideo or Social It would cause any problem like this. Unless the problem occurs on threads with (or without) images or threads with (or without) video.) The Social IT appears to be on every post.

I’m not sure about Human Test for 1.0 – I don’t think I’ve ever tried it. I do have it working with a 1.0RC, I forget which version though. All you can do is try it. If it activates without error, that’s good. If you try to register and it prevents incorrect answers and allows correct answers, and the registration goes through, then it works.

I don’t think disabling Mass Delete is going to make everything better right away. I have a feeling that it’s doing something to the user data in the database, and that will remain there even after you deactivate the plugin.

The other possibility is something going on with the host. But if all the other software is running fine there, that’s probably not a problem.

My plugins

* Akismet

* Human Test for bbPress

* BB Anonymous Posting