Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress database error – can’t setup table

• hollywoodgrind

@hollywoodgrind

I’ve gone over the configuration file, and it all looks correct. I am installing in forums.nerdgrind.com, which I gave it’s own directory, so there is no wordpress installation sharing the forums directory. I’m not sure why I keep getting this error:

bbPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘ ”, , ”, ‘2008-01-16 00:57:55” at line 4]

INSERT INTO bb_topics (topic_title, topic_slug, topic_poster, topic_poster_name, topic_last_poster, topic_last_poster_name, topic_start_time, topic_time, forum_id) VALUES (‘Your first topic’, ‘your-first-topic’, , ”, , ”, ‘2008-01-16 00:57:55’, ‘2008-01-16 00:57:55’, 1)

The database is setup, and all other tables are created except this one. I am using the latest bbPress.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Not sure why, but you’re missing all the topic poster name stuff:

topic_poster
    topic_poster_name
    topic_last_poster
    topic_last_poster_name

Maybe there was an error with the name you selected when you setup the forum? Maybe it didn’t like a special character or something?

It’s not a problem with the database but a problem with the data that’s being sent to create that first topic. I suspect there is a problem with the name that was entered. Do you know what that was?

hollywoodgrind

@hollywoodgrind

I found the problem. In the install form I set the Site Name and Forum Name the same, which caused a conflict. Perhaps the install.php script could be updated to catch this error, and prompt to use different names.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Glad you found it.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Which version of bbPress was this? 0.8.3.1 or latest trunk?

hollywoodgrind

@hollywoodgrind

It was 0.8.3.1

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar