Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBpress Customizing The Number of Topics

• DNBrawler
    Participant

@dnbrawler

I’m using a template to customize the number of posts on one of my pages. My default number of forum posts on one single page is 6. I want 15 to appear on a page so after noticing in the statistics template that the popular topics can show more than than the default setting I ventured to apply it to a single forum called from the forum id. Here’s the code:

15, ‘post_parent’ => bbp_get_forum_id(568), ‘show_stickies’ => false ) ) ) : ?>

My problem: The forums are only showing 16 unfortunately. My question: How do I limit the number of posts on individual pages?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

Hey DNBrawler,

Your code got cut off 🙁 can you try posting it again and using the code button?

DNBrawler
    Participant

@dnbrawler

Sorry must not have worked. Here it is again:

'_bbp_reply_count', 'meta_value' => '1', 'meta_compare' => ' 'date', 'show_stickies' => false ) ) ) : ?>

<!-- #topics-front -->

“ EDIT: Now it’s deleting the content of the code sample. Here’s the link from pastebin. http://pastebin.com/3TLgVni2

• This reply was modified 11 years, 8 months ago by DNBrawler.
    • This reply was modified 11 years, 8 months ago by DNBrawler.

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

It did the same again, I have had a couple of issues with the code button too!

It is kind of a tricky to pick out a specific forum, you would need to do a little bit of coding to try and change the way your loop-topics loop works.

You would need to be able to pass in an argument of something like $limit and then set the limit based on the forum id. Feels like a lot of work to me, but someone else might have a better idea.

Sorry!

DNBrawler
    Participant

@dnbrawler

BUMP
    Does anyone have an answer for varying the number of topics for a given page?

DNBrawler
    Participant

@dnbrawler

bump

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar