Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress broke admin dashboard

• Hello,

I am using BuddyPress & tried to incorporate bbPress into the site with the “enable bbPress forums” option in the BuddyPress settings located in the administrator dashboard. Now, not only does my forum not work, but the administrator dashboard doesn’t work either. In turn, I am unable to disable bbPress in the admin dashboard to correct the issue.

Someone please help! How do I get my dashboard back?

It is preferable to have the dashboard & the forum working, but the most important thing is to get the dashboard back. I can then install bbPress separately if I need to.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

When you say ‘dashboard’ do you mean the bbPress one, or the WordPress one?

The WordPress one. I just figured out how to fix the dashboard without the forum. I deleted the bp-forums.php file from the main BuddyPress directory. Now my site is working (without a forum) and the dashboard works too. No idea why…

I would like to know if there is a way to modify this file to get the forums to work with BuddyPress.

Any ideas?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

What is it exactly that you’re trying to do. Anything is possible. :)

Ideally a user would be able to log in to buddypress and also be logged into the forum. All users (logged in or not) would have access to the forum. I would just add it as a tab in the main navigation of the site.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

The way that BuddyPress integrates bbPress is currently through BuddyPress Groups. Do you want your forums to be powered by user groups, or do you want to have central forums like we have here at bbPress.org and WordPress.org?

Central forums like bbPress.org

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar