Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

[bbpress 2 plugin] – Freshness displays only days, not years, months

• Laughing Cat
    Participant

@laughing-cat

I have recently transfered old bbpress 1.x standalone forums to the new bbpress 2.1 plugin platform

The moving was fine and I got back all my old forums.

However there’s something odd concerning the “freshness” of forums and discussions.

Normally freshness would display things like

Posted $years ago, or $months ago, or $days ago… and if very recent, hours, minutes, etc.

In my case, very old posts appear in the format “posted 674 days ago” or “posted 374 days ago” which is really not nice way to display

I’d like to display freshness as it was with 1.x forums. “Posted 1 year ago”, “posted 2 years ago”, that is. Alternatively I wouldn’t mind to get rid of freshness and replace it with standard last updated time (last updated on 2nd December 2009)

I’m running a localised version of WordPress (IT_it), however other dates are fine with other post types.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

I’m pretty sure this is an extremely rare but known bug. Let me see if I can get jjj’s 2 cents on this. Stand by!

Laughing Cat
    Participant

@laughing-cat

I hope so

anyway as an alternative solution I wouldn’t mind know how to display the simple date of publishing, it’s fine

Laughing Cat
    Participant

@laughing-cat

jaredatch,

since you say this might be a known bug could you please direct me to the issue in trac where this bug was originally traced? perhaps I can give some feedback there, being a rare one, and hopefully help somehow fixing it

thanks

Laughing Cat
    Participant

@laughing-cat

Any news?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar