Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.6 Release Candidate 3

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Hey everyone! Guess what?

bbPress 2.6, Release Candidate 3, is now available for testing.

Download it from here: https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/bbpress.2.6-rc-3.zip

Why is this cool? For starters, @jeffr0 may finally climb down off my back and stop giving me grief for how long it’s been since we shipped a major release.

bbPress 2.5.0 in 2014, 3 years ago.

Most people wouldn’t be proud to say that, but… I am. The 2.5 branch of bbPress has been so stable & well received, we were able to take our time with 2.6 and double-down on upstream improvements to WordPress.

bbPress 2.6 will come with:

* Per-forum moderators
    * Improved favorites & subscriptions management
    * Improved BuddyPress integration
    * Performance improvements across the board
    * UX improvements to meta-boxes and admin-area tools
    * Tighter integration with WordPress’s Dashboard
    * Template tweaks & clean-up
    * About 110 other things

If you’re going to test 2.6 on a live site, maybe don’t just yet. It runs a database upgrade routine to migrate favorites & subscriptions from usermeta to postmeta, and for large forums that may take a while or possibly lock things up for a bit.

We are already running 2.6 here and on bbPress.org, so enjoy the speedier new posting experience, and we’ll let you know when the next beta is ready!

Viewing 8 replies - 101 through 108 (of 108 total)

• alicesmith23
    Blocked

@alicesmith23

Other question, assigning a forum moderator to a forum (subforum not category) doesn’t seem to work. I assigned a user by his WordPress Username.

w3215
    Participant

@w3215

Hi. What is the expected timing for 2.6?

I recently installed BBPress and was surprised the latest version for installation was 2.5.14. I also get a notice that the plugin “has not been tested with your current version of WordPress.”

Performance/speed is important to me, and last I looked into it 2.6 was supposed to be a big improvement.

shasartech
    Participant

@shasartech

Other question, assigning a forum moderator to a forum (subforum not category) doesn’t seem to work. I assigned a user by his WordPress Username.

shasartech
    Participant

@shasartech

Fine, but how we can convert the database from one platform to another platform? It’s a very informative question? I m working on a project and i have no alternative database path.

hashtagtrends
    Participant

@hashtagtrends

Fine, but how we can convert the database from one platform to another platform? It’s a very informative question? I m working on a project and i have no alternative database path.

hashtagtrends
    Participant

@hashtagtrends

Hi. What is the expected timing for 2.6?

I recently installed BBPress and was surprised the latest version for installation was 2.5.14. I also get a notice that the plugin “has not been tested with your current version of WordPress.”

Performance/speed is important to me, and last I looked into it 2.6 was supposed to be a big improvement.

mvaneijgen
    Participant

@mvaneijgen

Any news on 2.6 it’s on RC 7 now.

austex
    Participant

@austex

Any news on 2.6 it’s on RC 7 now.

It’s been on RC 7 since December of last year. You can check the dev tracker for 2.6 here (still being worked on) –

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/report/5?sort=modified&asc=0&page=1

It was listed at 99%, but now back to 98% as a result of some bugs.

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/milestone/2.6

Viewing 8 replies - 101 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar