Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.3 now available!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)

• premitheme
    Participant

@premitheme

Just FYI, installed on live host and worked fine, but no way on localhost!! This makes development impossible. I always develop for bbp and wp on localhost without any issues, can someone tell me what is happening, I tried to search but no success.

atburi
    Participant

@aburi

@dpmcalister very strange. Once I went to Settings / Forums / and ticked the check box:

“Automatically assign default role to new, registered users upon visiting the site.”

then saved, the ‘Forums’, ‘Topics’, and ‘Replies’ admin menus showed up.

Guess this is a bug they’ll fix shortly, but for now there’s a quick fix!

Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

same here, in admin i can’t find the Forums, Topics and Replies menu.

Update to bbPress 2.3 from 2.2.4 on WP 3.5.1 and BP 1.7

Thanks for the fast patch @johnjamesjacoby

probablynot
    Participant

@probablynot

I can confirm @aburi’s solution for getting the Admin menus back. I went to Settings/Forums, ticked the check box for Auto Role, saved. The menus were back. I then unticked it, saved again, and they stayed. I’m guessing there is some issue with the upgrade that is causing bbPress to need it’s settings to be resaved.

Tried the same thing with bbPress Moderation. Enabled it, went to Settings/bbPress Moderation, changed a setting, saved… topics in forums were still not showing. πŸ™

atburi
    Participant

@aburi

Hi @johnjamesjacoby,

Thanks for the update, especially for the forums search functionality.

One question – is there any way to have the search pick up topic tags as well? Right now, it seems only to search text in the forum name, topic title, and topic content.

Thanks! and to anyone else that can help.

Alex

ubound
    Participant

@ubound

Yes, once I updated all topics and replied disappeared from the site. They seem to be available in backend but even if I hit publish again nothing gets published. This is a huge problem for me. I need to downgrade somehow? What to do? Any ideas?

Bryan Hadaway
    Participant

@bhadaway

Seemingly trivial and minor of a change, yet actually a huge change with no notice.

The bbPress body class has changed from bbPress to bbpress (losing the capital P). Depending on how much you’ve customized bbPress or if you’ve created a bbPress theme integrated right into a WordPress theme, all customizations will be broken.

This also breaks backwards-compatibility except for doubling up and references both .bbPress and .bbpress which will have to be done in my case.

Luckily, I discovered this issue in my testing environment. As you’ll find from the many topics that will be piling up over broken customization confusion over the next several days, others won’t be so lucky to catch the issue without learning the hard way.

Thanks, Bryan

artmuns
    Participant

@artmuns

“I can confirm @aburiβ€˜s solution for getting the Admin menus back. I went to Settings/Forums, ticked the check box for Auto Role, saved. The menus were back.”

Yep, me too.

Thanks!

xmasons
    Participant

@xmasons

I’m having the same error message (Are you sure you wanted to do that?) as @premitheme is having on a local/MAMP server.

ubound
    Participant

@ubound

Okay, all my posts and replies disappeared from the site. Fortunately, I had backup of my entire blog and forum, so I had there bbpress version 2.1.2

I uninstalled the latest version deleted all files, then uploaded 2.1.2. version via FTP. Then I need to click one last save in bbpress settings and everything is online again…

Testing environment is a wise idea. Always new it, but didn’t want to do. Now I learned πŸ˜‰

Soooo glad my forum is back up. I will think about the rest tomorrow. Phewwww!

Thank you guys!

ubound
    Participant

@ubound

***always knew it, I mean. Sorry for typo πŸ™‚

premitheme
    Participant

@premitheme

I’m having the same error message (Are you sure you wanted to do that?) as @premitheme is having on a local/MAMP server.

Finally, I’m not alone πŸ™‚

Update: Tried “DesktopServer.app” which is based on XAMPP, it worked!! On “Bitnami MAMP Stack”, it DOESN’T work (the same as MAMP). I’m going to try XAMPP itself and even will setup Apache/PHP/MySQL manually on my Mac and see this makes any difference.

Hope that bbp developers can help us, with all the appreciation. Why I can use 2.2.4 on MAMP while I CAN’T use 2.3. I’m using the latest MAMP version BTW.

Jeff Farthing
    Participant

@jfarthing84

After the upgrade, none of my users can post to my forums.

aero.roger77
    Participant

@aeroroger77

I still have problems on my wordpress 3.5.1 site hereΒ http://www.truckstop24.no/truckerforum/

There is a known issue with bbPress Moderation plugin.

I raised the issue of bbPress 2.3 compatibility with the plugin author ~2 months ago and for now I suggest you disable this plugin until the author updates the plugin.

@themattman Can you please start a separate topic so we can go through your vBulletin issues.

When you start this new topic can you please include the exact details of the error messages you are seeing.

You also should not be running the ‘repair tool’ whilst the converter is still running, you run it after the conversion has finished. You may also want to check the docs here for any known issues with vBulletin conversion.

kraigg
    Participant

@kraigg

I wasn’t sure how to permanently fix the issue with the bbPressModeration plugin, but I was able to keep the plugin partially working by commenting out the if statement the function query($bbp) on line 153.

` function query($bbp) {
    // if (!bbp_is_query_name( ‘bbp_widget’ )) {
    // $bbp[‘post_status’] .= ‘,pending’;
    // }
    return $bbp;
    }
    `

The only issue here is that when a users posts a topic or reply, there is no placeholder for that post (eg “This post is awaiting moderation”). The unmoderated post just doesn’t appear at all. But at least all my previous posts still appear.

realhood
    Participant

@realhood

@trip62 @alex-ye

Now it worksΒ πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚ Β πŸ™‚

setting>Forums>Single Slugs>Forum Prefix

and chose it.

Forum Prefix
    Β Prefix your forum area with the Forum Base slug (Recommended)

@trip62
    you can try!!! Β πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

@hlwinkler Can you try your search ‘OpenEars’ using the Twenty Eleven or Twenty Twelve theme.

I have installed XAMPP 1.8.1 for Windows and see no issues with ‘localhost’

For those using MAMP, what version are you using?

@realhood I cannot reproduce your issue of ‘why my search function can’t work, when I use it,it always jump to the home page’

I see no issues using or not using the bbPress ‘forums prefix’

http://localhost/search/?bbp_search=test
    http://localhost/forums/search/?bbp_search=test
    http://example.com/search/?bbp_search=test
    http://example.com/forums/search/?bbp_search=test

What do you have your permalinks set to? (‘Settings’ -> ‘Permalinks’)
    What is the ‘Search Slug’ for bbPress set to? (‘Settings’ -> ‘Forums’ )

premitheme
    Participant

@premitheme

I have installed XAMPP 1.8.1 for Windows and see no issues with β€˜localhost’

For those using MAMP, what version are you using?

@netweb
    I’m using 2.1.4 (the current). As I said the problem doesn’t appear with all localhost environments, I tested “MAMP”, “DesktopServer” (uses XAMPP), “Bitnami MAMP Stack”, live host and Mac OS X built-in localhost. It works with every thing but MAMP and Bitnami. I could say the problem with MAMP, BUT there was no problem with the older versions of bbPress, this makes me thing that the problem is in bbPress, not MAMP.

@alexiousrahl Search is enabled by default, you should be able to see the search form at the top of your forums list eg. http://example.com/forums/

I have also updated the Shortcodes and Widgets codex pages.

@premitheme I think, from memory @JohnJamesJacoby uses MAMP Pro so I find this one rather odd πŸ˜‰

@sadr I get what you are saying regarding search results as excerpts though I think then that if the search term was not in the first ‘x’ words of the excerpt of the topic/reply that would then cause confusion as to how that result is relevant. Maybe create a ticket on trac and discuss it further their might be best option.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘bbPress 2.3 now available!’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar