Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.3.1 now available!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)

• ichpen
    Participant

@ichpen

There is no changelog. What’s changed?

Tbermudas
    Participant

@tbermudas

I have installed the update in my tester site and I have lost the visual editor, also the “Ckeditor for wordpress plugin” seems to be not compatible.

Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

I’m getting a header already sent issue when I’ve got both bbpress 2.3.1 and Jetpack 2.3 activated. The error mentions that Jetpack has already sent the headers or something? (I know next to nothing about how to interpret those things.)

Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

It’s fixed with the 2.2.4 update of Jetpack.

drrxa
    Participant

@drrxa

As @tbermudas I have also lost the tinyMCE editor on front-end.

I try to go back to version 2.3, but the zip file in WordPress repo for version 2.3 actually contains version 2.3.1. Where can I download version 2.3?

Thanks.

Instructions to enable the visual editor are here.

Julien1975
    Participant

@julien1975

Unfortunately my bbPress does not allow admin to access settings anymore.
    Forum is still publicly visible and it’s possible to post, but settings are “gone”.

I tried to figure out for 2 hours before writing here.
    Wordpress debug says: PHP Notice: bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init().

hlwinkler
    Participant

@hlwinkler

Can you put up the changelog for the update?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

There is no changelog. What’s changed?

There is a changelog, you just need to read the blog post this topic is connected to. 🙂

Or, even better, keep an eye on Trac if you’re concerned about the exact changes.

Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

i’ve pasted in functions.php the code in the codex page to re-activate the editor and i’ve this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE

any help for this?

Thanks!

Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

@johnjamesjacoby
    I think he meant the changelog at the WP Plugin Directory because that hasn’t been updated yet.

mt78
    Participant

@mt78

– bbPress 2.3.1 – WP 3.5.1 – Buddypress 1.7 –
    When you change the FORUM ROLE any user via forum, then in the WordPress administration is forum rule unchanged, even though the user already has rights moderator or administrator. Can you change the forum role of the user via WordPress administration or not?

I tried to change the user role of the participant to moderator in the WordPress administration and nothing happened. I tried to change the role through the forum and role has changed, but the administration remained WordPress original role. Is this normal?

Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

i’ve disabled and reactivated the bbPress plugin and now if i try to access the about, configuration etc i see the page with “you need autorization to access this page” i’m the administrator role on WP… and Keymaster on bbPress.

WP 3.5.1 – BP 1.7 and bbPress 2.3.1

how can i fix this?

Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

another problem, if i try to reply to any topic i see the massage “Don’t have the permission to do that”

Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

found the problem… All in One Seo Pack, is the problem, disabling this plugin bbPress work ok without problem.
    Opened a support topic on plugin’s wporg forum

Nashwan D
    Participant

@alex-ye

Good version, but it break some tiny things in posting unfiltered HTML and codes snippets, I wish to see bbPress 2.3.2 soon 🙂

I wonder why you didn’t give us some time to test Changeset 4867 ?!

premitheme
    Participant

@premitheme

Good version, but it break some tiny things in posting unfiltered HTML and codes snippets, I wish to see bbPress 2.3.2 soon

Same thing here, for example when trying to add class name for pre tag it breaks.

Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

I would like to see an option on the settings page to turn on the visual editor instead of fidgeting around with placing code somewhere…

You’ll likely see a plugin popup in the WordPress.org repo soon that will prevent the need to deal with any code directly.

ronangelo
    Participant

@ronangelo

I’m hoping a Preview button could be added next since HTML editor is now the default.

Plugin that will add back the visual tab to the editor: bbPress Enable TinyMCE Visual Tab

No code required. Just activate and you’re done.

fencer_x
    Participant

@fencer_x

@julien1975 I’m having the exact same issues… No forums available for access from the admin panel, no “Forums” under tools or settings, absolutely no way to administrate the forums except from the front-end. I can’t deal with replies or topics on a bulk scale either now. REALLY hope this gets resolved soon.

It feels like every time I get bbpress situated, something else breaks…

Henri Junttila
    Participant

@henri-junttila

My tech guy ran into the same problem and he got it fixed by running Tools > Forums > Repair Forums.

Bryan Hadaway
    Participant

@bhadaway

I never cared for the visual editor anyways, but the HTML form appears to now be stripped down.

Was header tag and other HTML support removed or is there something wrong on my setup?

Thanks, Bryan

Bryan Hadaway
    Participant

@bhadaway

UPDATE – I was able to edit the topic via the WP admin and get header and other HTML tags to work again.

I suspect it’s because it was an old topic and had a kink that needed to be worked out from the old version’s way of handling HTML.

I’m fairly confident that when creating new topics from here on out they won’t have the issue.

Thanks, Bryan

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar