Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 – list style missing

• padekan
    Participant

@padekan

I did the foolish thing of changing two variables at the same time and now I’m not sure what I caused.  Recently I upgraded to bbPress 2.2.1 and at the same time moved to Twenty Eleven theme (wanted a responsive bbPress theme).  Had a couple of problems which I googled and resolved:

1) no side bars showed up on Forum & Topic pages (fixed by installing Twenty Eleven Theme Extensions & Enabling Widgets on single post pages)

2) Ultimate Tiny MCE was no longer showing up .. this was fixed by John’s helpful advice in:

No more Ultimate TinyMCE buttons in fancy editor after latest 2.2 update.

And I noticed a third issue, which was for ordered and unordered lists, they longer had bullets/numbers.  I upgraded to bbPress 2.2.2 today hoping that might have fixed the problem but the behaviour is still the same.

I looked at the element information in Chrome and it shows that the list-style-type is set to “none” by bbpress.css. This is true for both ul and ol type lists.  I can’t be sure whether it is Twenty Eleven or the bbPress updates which caused the formatting to change but the fact bbpress.css was involved pointed me here.

Being a pretty newbie guy from CSS perspective, I don’t know where and how I show try override the style type.

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

regards, Paul

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

It’s most likely bbPress’s fault, being too strict on clearing out the CSS for lists.

padekan
    Participant

@padekan

Is there a workaround (I hope I’m not asking a boy if he knew anything about CSS, this would be obvious question)?

padekan
    Participant

@padekan

Ok , so it’s a bit of physician heal thyself but here’s how I fixed in case other people are having the problem.

I found this:

https://codex.bbpress.org/theme-compatibility/

which shows how to create a custom bbpress.css in 2.0 and later.  Then I changed line 62 to be:

list-style-type:   inherit /* was ‘none’ */;

(basically took out the none override for basic list elements).

Seems like overkill to have a complete copy of bbpress.css just to change one line but I could not find another place to override it.  Tried playing around with trying a skeleton bbpress.css that @import’ed the default one but didn’t have much success with that.

Anyways, issue has been resolved, thanks!

regards, Paul

sixf00t4
    Participant

@sixf00t4

I’m having this same problem. no ordered or unordered list markings. I’m not understanding how you fixed this though…

sixf00t4
    Participant

@sixf00t4

ok, i fixed mine in a different way. Since I was using the default bbpress template, there was no folder for it in the directory listed in the bbpress codex page you linked to.

What i did, was open the CSS editor under theme editor and pasted your line into the pretty much empty box.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar