Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.0.3 and WordPress 3.4

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

If you’re experiencing slow or missing forums after updating to WordPress 3.4, updating to bbPress 2.0.3 will get your forums back up. This only effects configurations where forum visibility was toggled, and those forums still exist (I.E. were not deleted after checking it out.)

• This topic was modified 11 years, 7 months ago by Stephen Edgar. Reason: Remove Spam Topic Tags
Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • after installing wp 3.4 and updating buddypress and bbpress 2.0.3 all posts in the dashboard going to the forum index…. if we deactivate bbpress all post link where they should link to…

I made the update to WP 3.4 and then bbPress 2.0.3 : my blog is down with an error 500. I don’t know what to do, any idea ?

after deleting bbpress 2.0.3 and reinstalling it.. i get the right links to my dashboard but i just get 404 error messages when i try to enter or create any forum

In my case, I can’t access to the wp-admin, I’ve also an error 500…

technotip
    Participant

@technotip

I’m getting this error after updating Wp and BBPress :-(

Fatal error: Class ‘BBP_Theme_Compat’ not found in /home/technoti/public_html/technotip.com/wp-content/themes/NewsDen-child/functions.php on line 31

Olzen
    Participant

@olzen

After update my forum styling got corrupted. ‘width’ parameter on posts seems to be not correctly set.

Anyone have an idea where this parameter is set?

Using Suffusion theme.

O

rmazereeuw
    Participant

@rmazereeuw

Upgraded to new WP with no issues. Tried to upgrade to latest bbpress from within the plugins admin page, and get the error:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

WOW scary results here. I have a stable thing with WP 3.3 and bbPress 2.0.2 im down right frightened to uprade either of these. I’m not touching a thing right now and I recommend that to everyone.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Not experiencing any of these issues on several installations. Can you please try your updates again? If you have anymore feedback other than ‘it broke’ would also be great.

Martin
    Participant

@rastarr

I’ve got a reasonably complex set of plugins myself.

I’ve upgraded to WP 3.4 and bbPress 2.03 with minimal issues.

I’d suggest that you’ve either got a plugin conflict and/or a theme that isn’t 3.4 compatible.

Your first port of call is to revert to the bog standard WP theme for testing and then if that doesn’t resolve things, start by disabling plugins.

And then report back here

If you are using persistent cacheing, you may need to use wp_cache_flush() to allow the upgrade variable to be set.

I kept being sent to the upgrade database page from the admin after updating on a heavily cached site.

I hope this helps someone.

rmazereeuw
    Participant

@rmazereeuw

When I upgraded to the newest version of bbpress, I was getting the error:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Looks like it may have been a memory issue. I bumped up my wp memory in wp-config.php and all is good.

Your mileage may vary…

I thought that the latest version of bbPress resolved the issues that cropped up with the WordPress 3.4 upgrade. However, some of the admin on our site are still getting the following out of memory error message when trying to add a new post to our site http://www.optionmillionaires.com

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 15466496) (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /home/optionmi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-includes/bbp-user-template.php on line 558

At first I wasn’t even able to install bbPress, but our web host increased our memory limit to 64M, and I thought everything was fine. I was able to add the forum, several related bbPress plugins, and have been adding forums and topics today. However, I just got word from two of the admin that they received the above message when attempting to post. It eventually lets them, but there’s obviously something going on. Any ideas on a fix?

enderandrew
    Participant

@enderandrew

I’ve had similar issues trying to add pages or post with WP 3.4 and I’m not sure what is going on.

On my part is simply was a memory issue and resolved completely once I allocated more memory. Talk to your web host if you are unsure about this or do not have permission to modify the correct files yourself.

I’m getting a 500 error. Just can’t understand what to do to resolve this.

If 3.4 + bbPress is causing you get an error saying “bytes exhausted” I recommend either installing this plugin

https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/memory-bump/

or bumping the memory manually through the wp-config.php

https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Bytes exhausted is most likely due to a “bad” plugin, something else other than bbPress of course. Please see our Theme Reviewers List and see last couple of answers about that: https://lists.wordpress.org/pipermail/theme-reviewers/2012-March/008625.html

This was about the Theme, but it can apply to plugins as well.

P.S. Using bbPress on my client site and they’re on a shared GoDaddy hosting and bytes exhausted was never an issue and that’s because there are no plugins that “eat” the memory.

My 2c :-)

Thanks,

Emil

Maybe very stupid to ask but where can i view a list of what’s new for bbPress 2.1 ?

Thanks,

docchewbacca
    Participant

@docchewbacca

I’m having the same error but not after upgrading anything.

It worked just fine this morning, throughout the day I installed and uninstalled various plugins (after testing their features and feeling unsatisfied). My site has the same plugins set as this morning, same bbPress and WordPress versions, no other plugin has been updated, but now when I’m trying to reach the main bbpress forums page, I have this error message.

“Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /home/users5/a/asceeceteo/www/wordpress/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 137”

url: http://nantes.ascee-ceteo.fr/forums/

@jaredatch: I tried the memory bump plugin but it didnt fix the problem

@Docchewbacca

Contact your hosting-provider and ask them to upgrade the PHP memory. Give them an example of your Error and they’ll know what to do.

http://ocaoimh.ie/2012/05/16/fatal-error-allowed-memory-size-of-67108864-bytes-exhausted/

Those memory bumps only work if your hosting-provider let you increase this memory. If they don’t and have blocked this feature you have to contact them and ask them friendly to increase it for you.

Most providers don’t care and help you with this problem but sometimes the very cheap M.F&#krs providers don’t and start complaining about everything that is wrong in this world.

;)

docchewbacca
    Participant

@docchewbacca

Thank you for the explanation Jaja.

Unfortunately I have a very cheap provider. I can try and ask them to increase the limit, but before that I’d like to be sure that this is actually the issue.

The thing I don’t understand is why this was working well a few hours ago, and now it’s needing more memory. I didn’t add any plugin. I even removed the existing forums and re-started bbPress from the beginning. It currently has just one forum with just one topic in it.

What I did today (between the moment it was working and the moment it was broken) is try various plugins (all uninstalled now), especially Buddypress, Mingle Forum, Simple:Press, Role Scoper and Groups.

Note that the individual forum page and the topic page work fine. It’s only the main page with the list of forums that generate the error message.

xmasons
    Participant

@xmasons

What happened to the 2.0.3 plugin in the WordPress plugin directory?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

xmasons: Fixed. I incorrectly unbumped the version back to 2.0.

Anyone having issues with 2.0.3 should try bbPress 2.1 RC2.

Does 2.1 RC2 remedy slowness issues on installations with more than a million posts?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar