Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 1.0-alpha-4 released

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

A bug fix release of the 1.0 alpha series is now available from the download page.

Should fix issues that people had with integrated cookies with WordPress in 1.0-alpha-3 without reverting any new features in it.

We are edging towards a complete WordPress integration solution and to aid setup on the WordPress side I’ve created a new plugin, using it will fix the problem that people have experienced where they login via WordPress an have no access to the bbPress admin area. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bbpress-integration/

The plugin is available through the WordPress plugin site and so is also installable via the built-in WordPress 2.7 plugin installer.

Also, WordPress users without a role will now receive one by simply visiting the bbPress site with a valid WordPress cookie set. Previously the user had to login to bbPress for this to occur.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • While testing bbPress 1.0 Alpha 4 I am not able to change the name of any topic —I do not know whether this is a known issue or not; the procedure just looks fine, though the title stays the same. If this extends beyond me I will go to track.

i am try tu use forums in buddypress

i am suffering pb in wpmu 2.7 (trunk 1574) and bbpress (1.0 alpha 4) integration both in update or brand new installation.

wpmu install in root

bbpress in /forums

user integration is ok

this seems ok :

You will also have to manually ensure that the following constants are equivalent in WordPress’ and bbPress’ respective config files.

WordPress (wp-config.php) bbPress (bb-config.php)

AUTH_KEY BB_AUTH_KEY

SECURE_AUTH_KEY BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY

LOGGED_IN_KEY BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY

the bb press integration plugin gives me this line to add in wp-config :

define(‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’);

nothing about cookie domain : is this a pb ?

i added the cookie salt information looking manually to wp-config because a have an issue somewhere :

in bbpress/settings/integration it tells that we have to got to the page :

http://domain/wp-admin/options.php

to get the information about cookie salts

on this page i have those errors (both on new and update install of wpmu 2.7)

Warning: array_search() [function.array-search]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/$$$/www/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php on line 1044

Warning: array_search() [function.array-search]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/$$$/www/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php on line 1044

do not know if there is a link …but is there anyone with an idea about this error ?

and about a solution for my wpmu+bbpress integration

lorenzocoffee

@lorenzocoffee

hi all, hi cookye/code Godness.

I’m a small useless human with many needs,

greatest one now it is NOT to have blog users sharing login,

but it’s only and ‘simply’ to ‘automatically’ import IN BBpress

Wp’s posted articles (even not the old ones)

Would this new beta help in that,given my WP config (2.7) has not

1 or more requested ash /salt/pepper/ things?

Your…faithfully

If working solution will come up

I’ll commit to start english class too.

You want your WordPress posts to show up as topics in your bbPress forums?

This sounds like a job for BBSYNC!

lorenzocoffee

@lorenzocoffee

yep

but it doesn’t take up the job

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

bbSync doesn’t work with the latest version of anything. What version bbPress did you install, and what version WordPress?

While testing bbPress 1.0 Alpha 4 I am not able to change the name of any topic —I do not know whether this is a known issue or not; the procedure just looks fine, though the title stays the same.

I’ve just tested this and it’s the same for me.

DP – nm

I concur – Can’t rename topics.

#1009 opened, I updated it.

this is great! i had downgraded to 2.5.1 for integration.

i am using bb latest discussions to show latest bbpress posts in wordpress which I could not get to work with alpha 2. i want to move back to 2.7 and alpha 4…… does anyone know of a plugin that works in bbpress alpha wp 2.7 to pull latest bbpress posts to wordpress/wordpress sidebar?

tomwi – Two easy options.

1) Use the build in RSS sidebar widget in wordpress.

2) Add the PHP Widget plugin and then toss in something like this:

<?php require_once (ABSPATH . WPINC . '/rss-functions.php');
    $today = current_time('mysql', 1);
    // insert the feed URL here
    $rss = @fetch_rss('http://domain.net/forums/rss');
    if ( isset($rss->items) && 0 != count($rss->items) ) {
    echo '<ul>';
    // set the number of items from the feed to display (5)
    $rss->items = array_slice($rss->items, 0, 5);
    foreach ($rss->items as $item ) {
    echo '<li><a href="';
    echo wp_filter_kses($item['link']);
    echo '">';
    echo wp_specialchars($item['title']);
    echo '</a></li>';
    }
    echo '</ul>';
    }; ?>

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

@tomwi

You could use the bbPress Live plugin which uses the new XML-RPC functions to grab that data and put it in a widget. Probably the cleanest way to do it.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Topic renaming fixed in trunk.

We also now have a nightly builds system courtesy of Barry at Automattic. If there is a change during the day, then a new nightly will be created and made available here:

https://bbpress.org/nightly-builds/bbpress-latest.zip

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

@bebopcool

There are a couple more things you have to do to integrate WPMU. It’s a different thing to the standard WordPress in a few ways, so requires some extra setup.

You need to set the SALTs as well as the KEYs in your wp-config.php for a start. You also need to set the cookie names individually or just set the COOKIEHASH as well.

One day I’ll document it all, but right now we are just trying to sort out standard installs first.

Hello,

I’m sorry to screw the happy mood but my experience is not good at all.

I’m a very happy WP (nearly from the very first 0.x release) and bbpress user.

I use the last versions of both WP and bbpress (I use svn for this)

Until now (WP-RCx) and bbpress 1.0 alpha <4 things were far from perfect.

When I was loged both on the weblog and the forum I couldn’t access anymore bbpress admin part.

But from a user perspective it worked (they were logged in the blog and in the forum)

Since bbpress 1.0 alpha 4 nothing works any more. When I log to one… I’m logged out of the other (as an admin) and some of my users can’t any more access their loging in the forum (logging in WP is no problem).

I suspect it could be solved by deleting cookies but I can’t ask my user to do this (most of them would even don’t know what I’m talking about).

I ended deactivating WP integration plug in and commenting COOKIEPATH in wp config, hopping this integration problem will be solved one for once in 1.0 final.

Luc

Sam – If you could explain setting the cookie names/COOKIEHASH for WPMU in more detail that’d be greatly appreciated. I’m working on integrating with WPMU and BuddyPress and can’t get cookies to sync so any details you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@lstelie:

If you wanted to, it is possible to write a “clear all cookies” plug-in/function that would just be a link that would delete the cookies for a user entirely. I can verify that as long as you’re using WP2.7 and BBP1.0a4, that integration works and works really well. I’ve fully tested it on two different platforms now and both times it’s worked without a hitch.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

@lstelie

There was a problem with the 1.0-alpha-4 version of the bbPress integration plugin. Please try the slightly newer plugin version 1.0-alpha-4.1

lorenzocoffee

@lorenzocoffee

hi chrishajer

I do use the ltest stable WP -2.7- in a sandbox modified theme and the 1.0.4 (the one from the .tar)of BBpress

thanks.

jonkristian

@jonkristian

@sambauer

Think I have that prefix issue aswell, is this fixed?

Hrm. On the nightly build, I still can’t rename topics. Also I see the option to delete, undelete and mark as spam. Seems to me that ‘undelete’ should be hidden.

On the SVN ‘build’ I can rename topics, but I still see ‘undelete’ as an option for … non-deleted posts.

i hope a working “preview post” feature is an integral part of 1.0 :/

@Ipstenu

@sambauers
    – Thanks! I had tried bblive, it never pulled correctly when integration wasn’t working… i’ll give both your ideas a shot with my test integration of 2.7 and alpha 4.

i am also using bbsync with my 2.5.1 to send posts to bbpress as topics… I want to do this and disable comments for easier moderation. I know it doesn’t work with 2.6 or 2.7. Anyone know of other ideas to send posts to bbpress as topics? Thanks!!

Justin Tadlock
    Participant

@greenshady

The biggest issue I’m having with this version and the latest version of the WP/BB Integration plugin is that the user roles aren’t being carried over to bbPress when a user registers in WordPress.

They always end up with no role set.

This is the error when editing the user’s profile when no role is set:

<select name="role">
    <option value="keymaster"<br />
    <b>Warning</b>: array_key_exists() [<a href='function.array-key-exists'>function.array-key-exists</a>]: The second argument should be either an array or an object in <b>/domain.com/forums/bb-includes/functions.bb-template.php</b> on line <b>2021</b><br />

>Key Master</option>
    <option value="administrator"<br />
    <b>Warning</b>: array_key_exists() [<a href='function.array-key-exists'>function.array-key-exists</a>]: The second argument should be either an array or an object in <b>/domain.com/forums/bb-includes/functions.bb-template.php</b> on line <b>2021</b><br />
    >Administrator</option>
    <option value="moderator"<br />

>Moderator</option>
    <option value="member"<br />

>Member</option>
    <option value="inactive"<br />
    >Inactive</option>
    <option value="blocked"<br />

>Blocked</option>
    </select>

Aside from this, everything else has been working great for me.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I can’t seem to find the link to the WordPress integration plug in anymore. Sam, where did it go lol!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘bbPress 1.0-alpha-4 released’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar