Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 1.0-alpha-3 released

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• thenokiablog

@thenokiablog

i currently have an installation of wordpress 2.6.5 integrated with bbpress 1.0a2. I want to update to wordpress 2.7 but I think it will break the integration.

To my understanding, 1.0a3 will integrate with wordpress 2.7?

Is this what I need to do?

Step 1. Update WP from 2.6.5 to 2.7

Step 2. Update BB from 1.0a2 to 1.0a3

Woah. Whatever the heck changed, I now have integrated login! Minus the admin side (still have to login again to get to WP admin) but …

We’re not worthy!

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

@Ipstenu

The problem you note will go away if you force logins to occur in bbPress. I am going to write a plguin for WordPress which fixes the problem you currently have.

@thenokiablog

Sounds reasonable…. backup first!

Oh, irony. Now it’s not working (cleared my cache and purged cookies to test something else).

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Alpha 2 works pretty well but 3 seems a no go until Mr. Bauers finds what’s broken.

Curious Sam if you test this on a live environment yourself, or what the process is?

Upgrade from A2 to A3 went smoothly for me.

Login Sync still doesn’t work but it solved a delay issue for me when users hit the post/reply button until the message was actually displayed (almost 15 seconds with A2, now almost instantly).

No probs with Plugin’s either.

Looking good, thank you!

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

The problem with synced logins between WordPress and bbPress is now solved in trunk.

Look out for a new download release in the next couple of days.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar