Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 0.9 release date

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

[Update: this release will now be version 0.9 instead of 0.8.4]

bbPress 0.9 will be released on the 10th of March, 2008 to coincide with the release of WordPress 2.5

A full blog post on the bbPress blog will outline all the changes in the near future.

In the meantime if anyone wants to give the latest 0.9 beta a test run, simply download a zip package of the current version of the “0.8 branch” at the bottom of this page.

If you find any problems then please login to the bbPress Trac site and create a new ticket to report it as a bug. Alternatively, you can see if either sambauers or mdawaffe is in the #bbPress IRC channel on irc.freenode.net and report the problem directly to them.

Viewing 18 replies - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)

• joetwostep

@joetwostep

It will post the name now, but only if you have first name and last name slots filled in.

lostdeviant

@lostdeviant

WP 2.5 was released yesterday morning, so where is bbpress?

felixbruin

@felixbruin

@lostdeviant

I guess, they’ve taken a long vacation ;)

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Release of bbPress 0.9 is imminent.

We need to test against the final release of WordPress 2.5 before we can release bbPress.

lilnigsta

@lilnigsta

I’m giddy, its like Christmas, only less tangible.

so1o
    Participant

@so1o

@sam

why not release a RC for bbpress

Aeterno

@aeterno

I need the new version of bbPress lol, my forum’s borked without it due to the password changes… keeps resetting my bbPress password to something odd, so I have to keep changing it… Not good!

NeutralX2

@neutralx2

Bit surprised this still isn’t out. Wasn’t it planned to be released like 20+ days ago? And hasn’t there been two RCs for WP 2.5 since then? Did they really changed so much in those two RC’s that .9 needs to go through testing now?

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

There are two people committing code for bbPress and one of them (mdawaffe) was heavily involved with the WordPress 2.5 release.

If there have been two release candidates for WordPress, that means there have been changes to WordPress that we have to match in that time.

It’s just a matter of limited resources at this stage. We also have identified one blocker which needs to be fixed before we can release 0.9

affacat

@affacat

Thank you all for your hard work! It’s really appreciated. Release it when it’s ready — WP took an extra few weeks, so a few extra days here isn’t the end of the world.

I personally have my fingers crossed that .9 will solve my major permission issues (that are basically preventing me from admining my forums).

dss

@dss

Yes! Thank you.

* waits patiently *

wsokc

@qzplx

now its realase ?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Not yet. There will be a big sticky at the top of the forum when it is released. Hang in there.

affacat

@affacat

it’s out now!

affacat

@affacat

oh – how to find it. go to the calendar page and it’s listed under April 1st.

pad

@pad

April fools joke?

affacat

@affacat

yep. sorry. couldn’t resist. i’m sure the release will be soon though.

Andrew

@schmitt

Good one.

Viewing 18 replies - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar