Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 0.9 release date

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

[Update: this release will now be version 0.9 instead of 0.8.4]

bbPress 0.9 will be released on the 10th of March, 2008 to coincide with the release of WordPress 2.5

A full blog post on the bbPress blog will outline all the changes in the near future.

In the meantime if anyone wants to give the latest 0.9 beta a test run, simply download a zip package of the current version of the “0.8 branch” at the bottom of this page.

If you find any problems then please login to the bbPress Trac site and create a new ticket to report it as a bug. Alternatively, you can see if either sambauers or mdawaffe is in the #bbPress IRC channel on irc.freenode.net and report the problem directly to them.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)

• helpy
    Participant

@helpy

Will 0.8.4 still work with WordPress 2.3.3 ???

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

The password method change will require WP 2.5 for integration.

(Unless someone makes a plugin)

I am not sure _ck_ but Sambauers wrote the plugin to take the password hash back to the old method. I am testing it with 2.3.3 and WPMU tomorrow and will let you know if it works or not :)

Trent

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Also, the cookies have changed structure.

I’ll have to re-check the password hashing plugin too.

We’ll do our best to make sure it is simple enough to integrate with older WordPress installs too.

helpy
    Participant

@helpy

Thank you all for your work!

I just started with bbpress in one project … and I use some plugins for WordPress … so I have to wait some time, before I can update WP to version 2.5

cu, guido

Stefano Aglietti

@steveagl

WOuld be nice if sometimes you bump the .pot SVN too, so we thta do translation can jump on it earlier before the release.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

@ SteveAgl

Potentially there are strings still going into the release now. We will be sure to release a .pot file soon after the release is available.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

There are also changes to the way theme names and paths are stored (ie. core#, user#) though I suspect this won’t affect many plugin developers. I’ve already patched my plugins to deal with that.

da3rx

@da3rx

I am really looking forward to the new release. Keep up the good work!

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

@ _ck_

I’ve added information about the new conventions for storing active plugins and the active theme to the notes.

geld-lenen-1

@geld-lenen-1

Good to see that bbPress stil gets updated. I’ve heard several people telling that bbPress wouldn’t be updated anymore, because of a new system that is coming soon.

I’ve heard several people telling that bbPress wouldn’t be updated anymore, because of a new system that is coming soon.

Those people are grossly misinformed.

By the way, WordPress 2.5 has been delayed a bit due to illness. We’ll release bbPress when WordPress 2.5 comes out (I’m trying to find out a more exact time now).

joetwostep

@joetwostep

Today is March 14th. <3

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

WP 2.5 has been moved apparently to Monday the 17th,

so the assumption is bbPress 0.9 will be too.

I think upgraders will be quite pleased with all the subtle bug fixes by Sam and MDA, and new installers will be helped along nicely by the much enhanced installer (with built in integration!)

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

We are sitting on our hands until WordPress 2.5 is released.

It would be a mistake to release before them as the new integration methods pretty much require WordPress 2.5

joetwostep

@joetwostep

can the .09 version be downloaded from the nightly build thing and used? is it the version that will be released? and, most importantly; will it work without wordpress 2.5?

gkp99

@gkp99

Well I just uploaded the latest nightly build of 0.9 and I can’t get it to install so I would just wait for the official one if I were you.

Garry,

Mark Barnes

@mark8barnes

>gkp99

You need to make sure you have backpress installed also: http://svn.automattic.com/backpress

gkp99

@gkp99

Oh, thanks Mark – I’ll do that when I get home,

Garry

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

What is currently in the “branches/0.8” directory of the subversion repository is pretty close to what will be released. Trunk is already heading towards 1.0-beta, don’t use it. BackPress is not required for 0.9 and will be part of 1.0-beta

Craig

@mckrazie

As some of you know, I’m new to WordPress and bbPress altogether and as I learn more I am also getting really amp’d for the new releases of both. However, after looking at the trac roadmap…

I see WP 2.5 still has A LOT of open tickets where as bbPress 0.9 has 0 tickets open. Is it just not updated or is today’s release not realistic? :(

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

A lot of tickets in the WordPress Trac for 2.5 are not going to be fixed for 2.5

I’m pretty sure that the guys are working toward a first release candidate now.

aitheterrible

@aitheterrible

looks like it’s pretty much good to go

https://wordpress.org/development/2008/03/25-sneak-peek/

The software is basically done and stable, and could be released today, but we’d like to incorporate feedback from a wider audience before making it available to the general public. After a few days of your feedback we’ll set a final release date. Personally, I can’t wait

joetwostep

@joetwostep

my branches 0.8 and my wordpress 2.5 rc1 are integrated and the roles and doing fine in transferring

but if you are anything less than an editor you post comments as anonymous

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar