bbPress 0.8.3.1 released
From Sam’s Post on the main bbPress blog:
Due to popular demand we have bundled a bug-fix release for bbPress. 0.8.3.1 (still called “Desmond” I believe) and it is now available for download.
This version is not the latest development release so as to remain as compatible as possible with the current version of WordPress.
The primary reason for the release is to fix some bugs in the MySQLi implementation. We anticipate that MySQLi support will be dropped in the future and to this end we have made MySQL the default extension instead of MySQLi.
A few other fixes and enhancements have also snuck in:
- Deep forum breadcrumbs with thanks to baptiste
- More consistent topic labeling methods – users of the support forum plugin will probably need to upgrade to version 2.3.3
- Some fixes to stop orphaned sub-forums from disappearing from all view
- There is now one of those fancy checkboxes to mark a user as a bozo
A couple of those changes will affect existing themes. If you have questions about adapting your theme to be compatible with the new topic labeling and forum breadcrumb features, then ask over on this forum topic.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.