Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPM blank page

• I’ve installed bbPM. When I try to send a PM I can go to the PM page, write my title, and write my message, but when I hit send, I’m taken to a blank white page. If I login in as the intended receiver, there is no PM received. Any ideas?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Do you have access to error logs? That will help pinpoint why the white page is coming up.

I probably do…where would I find those?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Depends on your host. Sometimes in the hosting control panel there will be logs and one will be an error log. It all depends on your host. If your host does not have error logs, you will need to do some error logging or display of your own.

This is what comes up in my error log when I try to send a pm

SUEXEC error_log:
    [2010-01-21 19:52:44]: uid: (1087/adambair) gid: (1087/adambair) cmd: 500.php
    [2010-01-21 19:52:44]: file has no execute permission: (/home7/adambair/public_html/500.php)
    [2010-01-21 19:57:05]: uid: (1087/adambair) gid: (1087/adambair) cmd: 500.php
    [2010-01-21 19:57:05]: file has no execute permission: (/home7/adambair/public_html/500.php)

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The 500.php shown in that log leads me to believe you are getting a 500 error “Internal Server Error”. Unfortunately, this error log does not show what’s causing the 500 error, which is what is causing your blank screen. We need to find out what’s causing the 500 error.

You can add this to the .htaccess file in your forum root to display all errors to the screen, if you cannot find the logs:

ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);

If your host prevents that in your .htaccess, you will have to try something different. There is lots of information online about either custom logging for PHP or displaying PHP errors to the screen.

kevinator

@kevinator

I now have the same issue as @AdamBaird above. Any resolution?

AAShepAA
    Participant

@aashepaa

I am installed – can send and receive PM’s but the messages are blank – no text.

I have gone into the database and the PM’s are in the database.

Everything is up to date (theme, bbPress, and plugin.) Theme is MT-Dark

Any help is appreciated

Shep

Ben L.

@nightgunner5

AAShepAA’s problem has been resolved at http://forums.llamaslayers.net/topic/bbpm#post-231

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar