Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Anyone use GoDaddy host?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

https://bbpress.org/forums/tags/godaddy

You’ll see this permalinks discussion a lot with GoDaddy.

Thanks chrishajer

OK now.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

I would avoid GoDaddy and Dreamhost (for different reasons) but that’s just my personal opinion. GoDaddy’s management and customer service is horrific and Dreamhost’s filesystem is the slowest I have ever seen on any host.

I do recommend for technical novices (maybe even intermediates) that you get a host with cpanel so it’s easier to backup and move your entire setup at will.

Oh…but I paid and known too late….

Olaf Lederer
    Participant

@finalwebsites

hi,

do they offer money back garanty?

I’m sure you get more trouble with them. A lot of default PHP function doesn’t work with them (I guess they have safe_mode = On)

Hello finalwebsite,

I just paid the minimum 2 month plan USD 4.99 x 2 .I think use wordpress and bbpress is ok.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I will say that I’ve been with 1&1 Internet for 4 or 5 years now, and their hosting is OK, but if you ever have a problem, good luck trying to get help. Their support is abysmal. Hosting is fine when there are no problems, but when you have a problem (which you inevitably will), oh, the pain. I don’t think they’ve ever resolved a problem for me, and I’ve taken to just not calling them and hoping problems resolve on their own. The people you talk to seem to have absolutely no ability to help you. The network engineers seem to keep on top of the problems and they end up fixing things on their own.

I suppose this is true with most cheap monthly hosts. They can’t be that cheap and offer stellar support.

I’ve had no trouble with godaddy. I just moved all my domains and hosting to them from the abysmal 1&1

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar