Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Another integration problem – login

• Hello, I’m trying to integrate my bbpress forum and our blog. I’ve made my own template in bbpress, which i’m very pleased with, but I can’t get it work.

The problem is that i can’t login to my forum. I’ve tried to login with members I’ve manually added in wp and a user that i created in bbpress! It seems that I login but I can’t reach the panel that a user who is logged in is able to! When I write a username and pw correctly it doesn’t say anything, just “jumping” to the root. But when I write a bad uname and pw it says that its wrong uname and pw!

I’m triyng to not use my own “plugin” (tabs and loginform) but it still dont work!

Is there something I have forgotten to do?

(im using the 0.75 bbpress and the newest wordpress)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I think the problem is that my bbpress forum isn’t in a subdirectory in WordPress. My blog is in a subdirectory in bbpress, like this: /forum/ <- my forum and then /forum/blog/ <- where my blog is.

I’ve read the documentation about it and how do I with the cookies? What should I change so it works, because I really think that’s the problem!?

(EDIT: I’m using WP 2.0.4 with the bbpress 0.75)

The cookies part can be daunting in the beginning to add, but once you figure it out, it is not so bad. Sometimes placing in the cookie path isn’t enough and you have to add the locations of the cookies and the names. Let me give you some examples:

My blog is in a couple different folders so I use this:

$bb->usercookie = 'wordpressuser';

$bb->passcookie = 'wordpresspass';

$bb->cookiedomain = '.onvertigo.com';

$bb->cookiepath = '/';

Trent

where do I put the code? In my bb-config or wp-config or somewhere else?

That goes in the config.php in the bbPress install.

Tren

okey, I tried that but I cant get it work. I just copied the code you wrote and changed the domain. For the moment I’m testing my forum in my localhost. This is the code I use:

$bb->usercookie = 'wordpressuser';

$bb->passcookie = 'wordpresspass';

$bb->cookiedomain = 'localhost';

$bb->cookiepath = '/';

I can add that I’m a totally newbie to cookies!

I am not sure how this will work on the localhost as that is not really a domain to define a cookie domain. Can’t be sure without testing it.

Trent

okey.. well, then I’ll try it on my real server then. It can’t screw anything up, only for the moment??

If it is a real issue, just put a quick test install in a different folder structure. Test it up there and then you can move it to the real site.

Trent

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar