Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Anonymous Users

• I am setting up a new intranet site built on WP 3.0 and would really like to keep the forums to a very simple tool just like bbPress (phpbb, vbulletin, etc are all too bloated for our needs). Since the site is only accessible inside our company network I don’t want to have to worry about authentication, I would like the ability for users who visit the forum to simply post messages or responses.

Is this something that can be done out of the box or would a lot of custom work be involved? Thanks!

-Chad

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

login-less posting is a feature present in the latest trunk release. It’s not packaged for release yet, and there are some dependencies (notably BackPress). If you can download via subversion to your intranet server, that would be the best way to get it.

svn co -r2434 http://svn.automattic.com/bbpress/trunk ./forums

That will check out revision 2434 which is very stable, into a directory called forums on your server.

The revisions after that revision got a little weird with a couple problems that I am not sure are fixed yet.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Anonymous Posting also worked brilliantly with bbPress0.9 and the Anonymous posting plugin.

So I finally got this installed via SVN and I’ve run into a glaring issue. I can respond to a thread (comment) anonymously but I cannot create a new topic as an admin user.

Is this a bug or did I understand the functionality incorrectly?

Thanks again!

It says “This topic has been closed” when trying to create a new topic as an anon user, FYI.

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

There is already a bug report on that and we’ll fix that soon.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar