Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Am I a bozo?

• Greg
    Participant

@rebootnow

Last night I posted here for the first time with my BuddyPress.org username. I can see the post if I am logged in, but not if I’m logged out. It think this is consistent with being assigned the bozo bit in bbPress.

Also, my profile said that the post in question was a reply, where I had clearly started the topic. It said I had started no topics.

On the BuddyPress side, my posts appear both when I am logged in and when I’m not, so I don’t seem to be a bozo on that side.

Am I really a bozo?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Nah, it’s Akismet acting up again, I suspect. It’s been flagging a LOT of false positives. They just updated it for WP, and I bet that’s related.

Greg
    Participant

@rebootnow

Well, this post I do see, and it does appear in my profile as a topic that I started. So I guess I’m not a bozo after all. I will repost the other topic.

Greg
    Participant

@rebootnow

Thanks Ipstenu. I just reposted that topic and once again it doesn’t appear unless I’m logged in.

The topic is: “Sharing the nonce value with WPMU”. I’m trying to figure out how to call WP logout from within bbPress.

Greg
    Participant

@rebootnow

FWIW, I reposted a second time with one change (I removed a fake link I was using to illustrate my point) and now the post appears. So Ipstenu’s theory that this is an akismet problem appears to be correct.

UPDATE: I see the same issue on the BuddyPress.org forum.

Yeah, I was a bozo the other day due to including a URL. I’m still a bozo today, though not in the eyes of bbPress. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar