Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Allowing people to post and having forums show up in tab on front page

• NFLpigskingirl

@nflpigskingirl

Hi everyone! I’m new to BBPress and I’m quite the technology newbie, so please be as simple and specific as possible when answering my question otherwise I’m liable to not get it :)

Here goes: I have WordPress and installed BBPress. I have the Piano Black theme. My site is called Pro Football Chick (profootballchick.com/forums if you want to see what I’m talking about). Anyhow, I want the forums to have a tab on my front page at the top — like the About, Home, and Contact pages. I also noticed that there’s no way for someone to add a topic — how can I fix that?

Thank you SO much! :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • For the top menus, you should be able to go to Appearance > Menus and create a custom menu item that links to /forums.

NFLpigskingirl

@nflpigskingirl

I had to change the theme for that to work — but I’m totally okay with that :)

How do I allow people to post?

The page /forums is a generic page part of bbPress.

You can create your own page/s and use the bbPress Shortcodes

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-20-shortcodes

Go to Appearance > Pages and give it a title (Discussion, The Teams, Leagues etc)

Then in the content of that page use the bbPress shortcodes with how and what you want on that page.

This for example would show what you currently have on /forums plus add the ‘new topic form’ below that list.

[bbp-forum-index]

[bbp-topic-form]

You could also create a page called ‘New Topic’ and just have [bbp-topic-form] on that page and then using the same method from Jarad above add those pages as menu items.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar