Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

All members 'inactive' after converting from MyBB

• rohan_shenoy

@rohan_shenoy

Hi guys,

I just successfully converted my forum from MyBB to bbPress.

However, I realized that most of the members are now Inactive! Can someone tell me an easy way to set their roles to Member. I know that I can personally edit their profiles and update their roles, but I can’t do it over 2000 times :(

Thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Easy way?

Nope.

One of bbPress’s major downfalls is it’s way it makes you moderate on a one by one basis. Specifically users.

The easiest way would be to run an SQL update, moving everyone that’s inactive to member. You’ll have to hunt around for an example or look in your database for a meta key (which i think is bb_capabilities), as I’m out of the office right now.

Hope you find a way,

Kev

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

Here’s the SQL:

UPDATE bb_usermeta SET meta_value = 'a:1:{s:6:"member";b:1;}' WHERE meta_value = 'a:1:{s:8:"inactive";b:1;}'

Change bb_ if you have any other table prefix. Also change " to the correct one.

rohan_shenoy

@rohan_shenoy

Thanks Kevin.

Right now, there is no bb_capabilities meta_key for every user. Therefore, I must create it using PHP/SQL code it seems!

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Open phpmyadmin. Run this SQL query: http://pastebin.com/9VhTGNt9 If you use a table prefix different from bb_ you need to change the query.

Keep in mind that this code is without warranty.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Ops Gautam already posted the solution. Nevermind.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar