Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Akismet going nuts today?

• All my forums are filling up with tons of false positives today… lots of normal posts being marked as spam.

Anyone else facing the wrath of Akismet today?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Not having that experience here. Akismet has been accurate today.

Yah I use Human Test – it’s great!

Ah ok, maybe it’s just me… I’ve had maybe 100 comments go into spam today!

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Is skip-akismet at least protecting your moderator+admin posts?

Akismet can be very problematic.

_ck_ – I’m using your skip-akismet plugin and thank goodness! At least my authors/moderators/admins are spared this.

Akismet is going absolutely bonkers on all nine of my bbpress and WordPress installs… it just started a few days ago. I thought maybe it was connected to skip-akismet, but some of the *press installs aren’t using skip-akismet and they are still having problems!

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Seems there is lots of ham being incorrectly sent from bbPress as spam. This may be having a knock on effect elsewhere. I’m trying to track down the problem with these false reports from bbPress at the moment.

Thank goodness… the Akismet craziness stopped! Finally getting a “normal” amount of spam.

What an exhausting experience! I’ll never rely on Akismet again…

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

I have another idea for skip-akismet – an option that if there are no links in the post, don’t bother checking akismet. Not too many spammers are link-free, it would serve no point.

Wouldn’t work on the WP side where they can put URLs as anonymous but I can use the logic that if they are a member and don’t put any links in their post, just let it through.

That may not be a bad check in general for Akismet, actually. Even on WP, if a logged in member posts something without links, it should be ‘okay’.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

The user link can be a spam link though.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Another idea would be if that the user is X days old

and has already made X number of posts to skip Akismet.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar