Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Adding bbPress as a WordPress Page

• I noticed someone had done this (lotsofcars blog??), where bbPress loads into a standard static wordpress page. I have the ‘execphp.php’ plugin installed, should this be as simple as copy-pasting the index code into the body of the page text (using html view), and making sure the paths to the rest of bbPress files are correct?? Or is there another, smarter method?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• peiqinglong

@peiqinglong

The page you refer to is one of my sites: http://www.abunchofcars.com/forum and it took a bit of playing to get it “integrated”, but its easy now.

Basically when you go to http://www.abunchofcars.com/forum , you’re not going to a page called forum, you’re actually loading the bbpress directory. I created a folder called “my-templates” and began warping the standard layout to match my layout. It involved some heavy modification of the bbpress layout files. The main files I tweaked with are: headers.php, front-page.php, footer.php, and style.css. I also did some slight tweaking with the login-form.php also.

dude,

that is a great site, i’m actually working a car site as well called BombayBling.com, so i might be pinging you for some feedback.

later,

mrj

peiqinglong

@peiqinglong

mrjain,

Of course, I would be glad to help.

Sounds like more work than I can get into right now…the integrations on abunchofcars looks great btw. Would you be willing to post your mods somewhere? It may be handy to have something like this with a little instruction so others can integrate, and just edit a single variable, such as width, to accomodate different wp templates…..thanks!

peiqinglong

@peiqinglong

Thank you! I’ll post the instructions when I get a chance. =)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar