Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Adding bbcode like image, you tube etc…

• atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

Is there a plugin that adds this? I would love to see this. I have the latest worpress (4.0) and bbpres(2.5.4)

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Why would some one pay for support on a non working plugin lol

its works for other users

I dont have caching but with all plugins deactivated other then the ones needed for forums its not working

again im just trying to bring up possible conflicts that might be causing the issue.

or just give up on having bbCode.

well i guess you just tell your users that your site has oembed and it can be used in the forums as long as you have Auto-embed Links checked in the forum settings.

and that any youtube/vimeo video link will automatically embed
    imgur/flickr will automatically embed and so on.

images from other sources can use the img button in the quicktags toolbar

and options like bold/italicize/link/block-quote can be used from the quicktags toolbar.

we have been using block-quote button back and forth so to replace quotes you can do that too.

list of available oembed providers

https://codex.wordpress.org/Embeds

more on forum settings

https://codex.bbpress.org/forum-settings/

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

Perhaps it is related to the toolbar in bbPress?
    Post Formatting Add toolbar & buttons to textareas to help with HTML formatting

Robkk

@robkk

Perhaps it is related to the toolbar in bbPress?

what do you mean??

the toolbar just puts out basic html, i dont have an idea why it would be causing the problem.

if you think adding a bbcode plugin will make that bbpress quicktags toolbar use the bbcode instead that wont happen you need some custom functions.

and just in case you didnt know to use the bbcode you have to manually write something like this

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwW_WrAk4Kk [/youtube]

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

That is where the conflict is. I don’t know php so i don’t know how it would be fixed. I have debugging on

Robkk

@robkk

@atfpodcast
    i just checked on my side with the latest raindrops theme ,

i checked to see if all of the quicktag buttons worked
    they did.

i checked if some of the bbcodes from gdbbpress and bbpress2 bbcode didnt just process the bbcode out well
    they did.

i didnt run bbpress2 bbcode with bbpress direct quotes while gdbbpress tools activated at the same time, because i mean they do the same thing.

if you feel like the quicktags toolbar is really causing the problem and you have some error logs to post or images of error logs or any other info you can get while debugging is on, make a new topic with all the information in it.

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

I deactivated the bbcode and white ilst and the default took bar is not showing in firefox. I will open another thread. Why this so hard? blah

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

Ok so it now that I am looking at it better is the bbs is working. I thought I would see it in the menu bar but it now appears to be bbpress.org with firefox on my site.

Robkk

@robkk

@atfpodcast

i dont understand what you are saying, please speak a little clearer.

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

Sorry it was my phone. I tried to say after looking at it the bbcode was working. It was the htlm bar from bbpress that is not coming up in my firefox…

Robkk

@robkk

@atfpodcast

did you have Add toolbar & buttons to textareas to help with HTML formatting checked
    in the forum settings which are in settings>forums in the back-end of WordPress

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

Yes its been on the whole time.

Robkk

@robkk

@atfpodcast

well im giving up on the bbPress quicktags toolbar issue you have.

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

I understand. Im still waiting on bbpress staff to address my issues.

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

Ok now it’s working with the latest theme update. Don’t know what he did.

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar