Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Adding bbcode like image, you tube etc…

• atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

Is there a plugin that adds this? I would love to see this. I have the latest worpress (4.0) and bbpres(2.5.4)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

you can use this plugin

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-bbcode/

but this also needs to be used with

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress2-shortcode-whitelist/

and you can also this plugin which has bbcode and alot of other functions added to it.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/gd-bbpress-tools/

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

The first two have not been updated in 2 years. ๐Ÿ™

Robkk

@robkk

then just go with gd bbpress tools

you will get quotes, additional views, and some other stuff too

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

nope not working. tried the quote and it moved and clicked it again with nothing. ๐Ÿ™

Robkk

@robkk

ok i will now test out your theme,

im going to have bbpress, gd bbpress tools , and thats it

first im going to test if i can design the forum like normal

then im going to try to see if gd bbpress tools works.

im come back to you in a minute.

Robkk

@robkk

gd bbpress tools works on my end especially the quote button, it does have a weird but on my end where it moves the first time i click, but the second time it works fine.

contact your theme author and see if they can find an issue about the quote link moving.

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

That’s odd. At first I thought it was a firefox issue but it works on another site. So it has to be the theme.
    Screencap of issue

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

download raindrops theme and see if you get the same results.

Robkk

@robkk

@atfpodcast

i already tested it out (on firefox) , and it did work the link moved at first but the second time it did work.

contact your theme author and also gd bbpress tools support and see if they can help on that link moving on the first time thing.

if you feel like gd bbpress tools quote just doesnt work because of your theme , change to a default theme like twenty fourteen then tell me the results.

there might also be other plugins conflicting with it.

so just leave bbpress and gd bbpress tools and see if it works from there.

then reactivate any additional plugins one at a time to find the problem.

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

but did you have bbcode under the bbpress menu? its not there. notice the picture I will include another picture with another theme:
    This is the other theme where it works.

Robkk

@robkk

this is what i have using raindrops and gd bbpress tools and also the quote function

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

I wonder why your able to get it and I’m not?

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

deactivated plugins and same issue. They are the same ones on the other site.

Robkk

@robkk

@atfpodcast maybe there is some setting that you accidently checked that might have caused the issue.

i just tested off of localhost and just using default settings in everything.

try testing on a local development area and see if it works

PC

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-install-wordpress-on-your-windows-computer-using-wamp/

MAC

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-install-wordpress-locally-on-mac-using-mamp/

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

I don’t want to add anymore programs to this computer

@atfpodcast
    maybe there is some setting that you accidently checked that might have caused the issue.

i just tested off of localhost and just using default settings in everything.

try testing on a local development area and see if it works

I have the same settings on another site and its working. same plugins etc…

Robkk

@robkk

@atfpodcast well i dont know what to tell you then, i got it to work fine on my side.

i cant help from here maybe you should contact your theme author , and also gd bbpress tools.

or try finding the issue yourself, because i have no idea.

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

I did but it seems slow on support. ๐Ÿ™

Robkk

@robkk

@atfpodcast yeah thats what people usually say there.

try just switching to bbpress bbcode with the whitelist plugin

and also bbpress direct quotes.

the bbcode plugin just turns basic html into shortcodes , so its still fine even though it is 2 years old.

but remember to use it with the whitelist plugin too so that other users cant post the bbpress login shortcode and other unwanted shortcodes you dont want in bbpress posts/wordpress comments/buddypress activity/buddypress private messages.

bbpress direct quotes wont quote as fast as gd bbpress tools quotes but it still works fine too.

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

Shame to because its a nice plugin. let’s hope this older one works. fingers crossed =) I wonder if I said I wanted to go pro I bet he would reply lol

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

installed but lets see how it works now.

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

I don’t see anything with this new plugin either… ๐Ÿ™ Not even a quote either.

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

I manually did the quote and it put it in the lower area of the post. wtf?

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

It’s working in IE not firefox. grrrrrrrrrrr I don’t know why it worked in raindrops when I installed it and now it wont and I cant find any plugins messing with it. ๐Ÿ™

Robkk

@robkk

I wonder if I said I wanted to go pro I bet he would reply

probably , the guy does have a separate support forum just for premium plugin users

he might just be busy and more concentrated over there more since the plugin provides income for him.

I manually did the quote and it put it in the lower area of the post.

you probably have to contact your theme author, on how to fix that.

it might be you have float:left; or clear:left; in the css and that might be causing the issue.
    switching both to none should fix it.

I donโ€™t see anything with this new plugin eitherโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ™ Not even a quote either.

Itโ€™s working in IE not firefox. grrrrrrrrrrr I donโ€™t know why it worked in raindrops when I installed it and now it wont and I cant find any plugins messing with it.

i tested the plugin in the latest firefox and chrome , not IE though.

it could be a cache system/plugin or a minify plugin minifying the direct quotes plugins javascript wrong but im just guessing right now.

i would say contact as much people as you can to help solve the issue.

hosting support
    plugin support
    theme support

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

probably , the guy does have a separate support forum just for premium plugin users

he might just be busy and more concentrated over there more since the plugin provides income for him

Why would some one pay for support on a non working plugin lol

i tested the plugin in the latest firefox and chrome , not IE though.

it could be a cache system/plugin or a minify plugin minifying the direct quotes plugins javascript wrong but im just guessing right now.

I dont have caching but with all plugins deactivated other then the ones needed for forums its not working

i would say contact as much people as you can to help solve the issue.

or just give up on having bbCode.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar