404 simple redirect with bbpress

• clickmac
    Participant

@clickmac

it seems as though this plugin. 404 simple redirect
    does not work correctly with bbpress users,

when a new user decides to click on their profile link. i.e picture or name
    to go to their profile, they are redirected to the 404 page

would like to know if their is a exception to this or a quick fix?
    and can anyone helpZ! please! urgently!

the link to the plugin site is here:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/404-simple-redirect/

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

What version of bbPress are you using?

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

This issue sounds semi-related to  related to ticket #1478, which was fixed in 2.3.

Upgrade to 2.3 (backup first!) and see if that fixes things.

clickmac
    Participant

@clickmac

i am using Version 2.3

try clicking on
    andynight

at
    http://www.trottyzone.com/forums/forum/website-support/

i am also using wordpress
    Version 3.5.1

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@clickmac – You can check the results of `bbp_user_has_profile()` to make sure they are returning `true`. This is the only place in bbPress where it would specifically prevent a user’s profile from being visible (and instead invoke a 404 response) though it seems unlikely to be the cause.

clickmac
    Participant

@clickmac

i seem to be a newbie at this, can you please walk me through the steps?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

i seem to be a newbie at this, can you please walk me through the steps?

You’ll want to search bbPress’s files for the above function, and test to make sure it’s working correctly. If you’re operating a site as the main developer, you’ll want to know how to touch files on the server (with an code editor, FTP program, etc…)

Then, you’ll want to search the web for common PHP debugging techniques (var_dump(), echo(), die(), debug_backtrace(), etc…) so you can gain a better understanding of how the code you’re trusting to make your site function works.

This is one of those times where, hopefully, a little tough love will pay in dividends for you later.

clickmac
    Participant

@clickmac

awesome! i have finally found the file with that function in it
    but when i check the file for php code errors i get

`There is 1 array declaration that contain a single equal sign ‘=’ instead of ‘=>’:
    array(), $cap = ”, $user_id = 0, $args = array() ) { switch ( $cap ) { case ‘spectate’ : case ‘participate’ : case ‘moderate’ : if ( bbp_is_user_inactive( $user_id ) ) { $caps = array( ‘do_not_allow’ );`

i did not alter the file in no way, i was about to insert the debugging code, so i said i would check the file for php code arrors…
    the name of the file is “Edit capabilities.php”

clickmac
    Participant

@clickmac

when i insert the debugging code

i get these errors:

`Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/content/26/10349326/html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbpress.php on line 845

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/content/26/10349326/html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/users/capabilities.php on line 124

Strict Standards: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method Bpbbpst_Support_Stats::register_widget() should not be called statically in /home/content/26/10349326/html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/26/10349326/html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbpress.php:845) in /home/content/26/10349326/html/wp-content/plugins/404-simple-redirect/404-simple-redirect.php on line 77`

clickmac
    Participant

@clickmac

i used this debugging code:

`ini_set(‘display_errors’, ‘On’);
    error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);`

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar